Sublevel 113
layer restorer

PROJECT X (by Sublevel) - development thread

Post by Sublevel 113 »

original thread:
http://www.pastelportal.com/bbpress/topic.php?id=4565

Forum is new, but projects are old! :)
Hello everyone!
During my vacations in my village, I started secretly to work on my little project. This project was designed as quest-type forum story, like famous A'LLUKIN by -AK-. So welcome to game's development thread!
Once I entered into Internet, I immediately started to love point'n'click quest games. Now I am mad Submachine addict >:D , and also I am helping in creating the Pastel Community Game, our upcoming flash point'n'click quest game. This project could be my first practice in game business. And thing like forum quest story can perfectly be released here, in this forum. :)
My main inspirations are three games: my God, also known as Submachine Series :D , and two forum quest games, famous A'LLUKIN, and as -AK- said in his own thread, infamous Ruby Quest, which I reread recently and suddenly found for me that it is fuk'n awesome story in terms of plot and atmosphere.
"Project X" is not name of my game. It is name of early stage of project (you can call it 'alpha version'). Now project has more unknown things than known things. Game hasn't own name, clear picture of the plot, names of characters and objects, I don't even know in what universe game events happen! :D Finally, I have only just started to learn to draw on serious programs like Photoshop and Paint.net (bye-bye, Paint! I will miss you!) So if I release this project, then it will be not soon. (I didn't forget about my work with PCG, in SubWiki, etc).

But the very first thing is to ask for permission to bring my project to life here, in PastelForum... So, will you allow me?
Let's continue!

DEVELOPMENT REPORT: Story finished on 2%! WOOOT! Since last report, I changed many things/elements of story, and I guess that this change is not last in development process.
Need more information about development? Well, many part of puzzles are connected to united line. I mean great puzzles, these parts which form clear picture of the plot. First part of rooms and puzzles are done, but only on paper. Characters...

About characters: noone , expect Vortex, answered in my question in old forum:
About "linearity of the plot". What do you prefer?: Some game moments, such as characters' destinies, etc, will be under my full control, or it will depend on you.?
Example: Daniel death from A'llikin. We couldn't save him anyway. His death was planned by AK long before it happened...
You can save a lot of characters lives, if their destinies will be in your hands... (It will be depend on your commands).
And I can't continue development if you don't answer.
---------------------------------
And last:
Need information about game? Well... Here it is: Beyond: Obscurity
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 07 Jun 2013 15:52, edited 3 times in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: PROJECT X (by Sublevel) - development thread

Post by Vortex »

Only two words? I need MOAR INFO!! :(
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Only two words?
Two words and one symbol! :D
I need MOAR INFO!!
Well... At the end you wake up in your bed... Submachine 10:It all was dream
XD
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I see XD
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I'd like to have possibility of saving the characters.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Only two responds? :(
I started to think that this project was bad idea...

Try to understand me: YOU will be players here, if I complete development someday, so...
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

Do want.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I have the feeling that most people will say that they would want to choose the fate of the characters. Having them die without you being able to do anything is... sad :(
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

So, you chose "your destiny in your hands"?

Also: I met big problem, that exists in Submacine, in A'LLUKIN and in other stories/games: ATMOSPHERE OF UNCERTAINTY
:[
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Why is that a problem?