version tweaking and bug reports

MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

version tweaking and bug reports

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

In the light of recent rehashing of all my games due to Mochiads bankrupcy, this discussion about glitches in newer versions deserves a separate thread.

So here we are.

Concerning sound glitches - I recently purchased a newer version of Adobe Flash and will slowly (but surely) export all of the games again (at least the major ones, submachines and daymaretowns). That will render this glitch nonexistent. Submachine 5 is already done in that newer program and it holds it's ground as far as I'm concerned, at least in the sound department.

Concerning the transparency glitch - this one is tricky. It seems like flash player not able to render older games that use multiple masked objects. I never seen that problem myself, maybe it's because I have a different player (the one that Adobe Flash uses itself - that's not a web plugin).

Concerning so called "pixel changes" - that's out of my hand. Moreover, if you create such a printscreen, and then move the game to another part of your screen and make another picture - chances are those two will be different.

Chances are that I'll be removing ad4game in-game ads in the future, that should bring back the beloved sub3 ring preloader.

We'll see.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: version tweaking and bug reports

Post by Sublevel 113 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:Chances are that I'll be removing ad4game in-game ads in the future, that should bring back the beloved sub3 ring preloader.

We'll see.
Concerning so called "pixel changes" - that's out of my hand. Moreover, if you create such a printscreen, and then move the game to another part of your screen and make another picture - chances are those two will be different.
ok
will see...

So, do we start GRAND REPLAYING of ALL your games soon, Mateusz? :D
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Wow, this topic is sticky.

I don't have the transparence bug neither, I just don't know why.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Subbot #499
lost in subnet

Post by Subbot #499 »

The transparency bug seems to be exclusive to Chrome's built in flash player. Switching to the universal flash player fixes this(https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en) but this creates a new bug where the cursor rapidly alternates between the default arrow and whatever item you are holding.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Subbot #499 wrote:The transparency bug seems to be exclusive to Chrome's built in flash player. Switching to the universal flash player fixes this(https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086?hl=en) but this creates a new bug where the cursor rapidly alternates between the default arrow and whatever item you are holding.
That happens when I'm playing a games with a custom cursor (Like Momentum Missile Mayhem series), but I never seen that happening to me with Submachines. So I still not have any idea. 0_o
🧐
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I have the transparency bug on Google Chrome, and when I try to change the Flash Player the cursor stops indicating interactivity. However, I don't know if this applies to all games, nor whether changing the Flash Player fixes the transparency bug.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

can you guys check this version of sub0
http://www.mateuszskutnik.com/submachin ... bmachine_0

it doesnt have sound glitches (there actually is such a high pitch noise in the middle of the ambient).

but it's bit laggy on my system, and in the browser.

also:

tell me what's the most transparency-bug prone spot in submachines. I'll re-render that and will see if anything changed.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I really want to do that, but I have no time. I have to go to school and then to the medic.
🧐
Subbot #499
lost in subnet

Post by Subbot #499 »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:can you guys check this version of sub0
http://www.mateuszskutnik.com/submachin ... bmachine_0

it doesnt have sound glitches (there actually is such a high pitch noise in the middle of the ambient).

but it's bit laggy on my system, and in the browser.

also:

tell me what's the most transparency-bug prone spot in submachines. I'll re-render that and will see if anything changed.
Sub 0 is working great here.
As for transparency, the charger in Sub 5 and the gramophone in Sub 2 are very prone to this problem.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Subbot #499 wrote:As for transparency, the charger in Sub 5 and the gramophone in Sub 2 are very prone to this problem.
And Sub2's mechanical hand (for me at least).