how do you like the look of the forum?

Vurn
subnet traveller

Re: how do you like the look of the forum?

Post by Vurn »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:
why do you all put such ugly monsters?
that's actually a good question.
I noticed that almos all indie games follow two paths - they're either pixelart, which I hate, or they're veeeeery cutsy sweet and girly.
I think that I found my niche with this ugliness of the hand drawn indie stuff.

that's my answer.
Have you played Small Worlds? It's in pixelart style, but it's really cool.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

And reading my forum story, A' L L U K I N? It's not exactly what you called pixel art, per se... but it almost completely pixelated art as story.

Pixels can be awesome if used right, such as fabulously creepy game "Lone Survivor." Otherwise, I agree that pixelart is starting to become overdone. Pure graphic art is the new frontier, such as your games and few other (JOURNEY, eh eh?).

Beside... I am really liking this forum, except for the odd brown bar between every post.
Death Road
lost in subnet

Post by Death Road »

Raxas wrote:So far I gotta say the layout is pretty cluttered. Every post is adorned with Re: Thread Title and we got signatures and user statistics and the dates of the posts all surrounding the actual posts, which is a start contrast to the last forum, which was much cleaner. The layout drew my eyes to the posts themselves, which contained the information I actually cared about.
This. And I dslike that the PM and profile buttons are at the bottom of each post making it seem like actions based on the individual post and not next to the user info like they should be to denote it deals with the person. And another thing I notuced is that those two and the edit and delete and quote buttons are ridiculously small. If at all possible it would be nice for these to be a bit bigger.
Raxas wrote:If anyone comes on here posting exclusively in color- especially lighter colors like this- I will shit fiery balls of disapproval, red-hot with anger, and chuck them at the poster.
Though I gotta say, the banner is great, but I might just be saying that because I'm a sucker for sketchy-looking artwork.
Well put.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Beside... I am really liking this forum, except for the odd brown bar between every post.
Finally someone who agrees!
oilage
subbot maintenance

Post by oilage »

ZOMG 2000 POSTS IT ONLY TOOK ME 4 YEARS
-- Lucas Gelati, on his last day on the old forum.
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

The buttons for quoting and next pages of threads and stuff seem incredibly small.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Vurn wrote:The buttons for quoting and next pages of threads and stuff seem incredibly small.
But it does not affect using. I have just did it.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

borys610 wrote:
Vurn wrote:The buttons for quoting and next pages of threads and stuff seem incredibly small.
Well, technically it might be an issue with mobile users (I haven't tried it yet in my phone).
sundayfever
subnet technician

Post by sundayfever »

I'm just so confused with everything on this forum. Buttons are kinda small and everything is different than before. I guess it's just me, I need to get used to all this, but the buttons for quoting, pages and such are SO small.
all memories are lost in time...
...like tears in the rain
Death Road
lost in subnet

Post by Death Road »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
borys610 wrote:
Well, technically it might be an issue with mobile users (I haven't tried it yet in my phone).
It is. I use my tablet a lot and so because of that, it's hard to see them let alone even use them.