Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine 10 Theories and Suggestions

Post by Vortex »

sunshine philosophy wrote:I was thinking some more about the idea I posted yesterday. If it's right, then why did Shiva have to set the puzzles up? What prevented Shiva from fixing the third layer himself? I think it's possible that Shiva was originally from the third layer like Murtaugh. (I would guess that Shiva isn't actually a god, he's a person that the Sub9 civilization believed to be a god because he had certain abilities.)
That's actually a very interesting theory :D Though I still think that Shiva is the "master computer" some other notes talk about. If he were human it would have been much more difficult to set up all those puzzles without leaving any traces.
Gemini wrote:Yeah same here. He did post a bigger photo of it in a separate comment, but it appears he removed that comment and any other following comments, I commented that we're going solenoid hunting again. Pretty sure I spoiled a bit of the plot and he did damage control. :lol:

SUBMACHINE SEASON!!!!!

:D
At least we know it's gonna have machines. I was already a bit tired of all the spiritual stuff in the latest games, the story has become too departed from previous games where Mateusz focused in the "machine" aspect of Submachine.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

No teasers, no trailers, no spoilers.
Mati answered on my post in Patreon

so I think that screen is from SNEE update
:geek:
sunshine philosophy
lost in subnet

Post by sunshine philosophy »

That's actually a very interesting theory :D Though I still think that Shiva is the "master computer" some other notes talk about. If he were human it would have been much more difficult to set up all those puzzles without leaving any traces.
I hadn't thought of that, and you could be right, but I think my idea could still work. Even if Shiva is human, he would still have some kind of powers which would probably make it easier for him to set up the puzzles. If Shiva has the power to give Murtaugh his powers like that note in Sub9 said, he's probably powerful enough to set up puzzles too.

Oh, and this was the note I was referring to:
-The greatest mystery and misconception of the doctrine is that Murtaugh gained his powers.

- He didn't?

- No. They were given to him.

- By whom?...

- By Shiva, naturally.
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

sunshine philosophy wrote:I was thinking some more about the idea I posted yesterday. If it's right, then why did Shiva have to set the puzzles up? What prevented Shiva from fixing the third layer himself? I think it's possible that Shiva was originally from the third layer like Murtaugh. (I would guess that Shiva isn't actually a god, he's a person that the Sub9 civilization believed to be a god because he had certain abilities.)
I have a post somewhere on this thread and I had mentioned a note where Elizabeth mentions a man who knew what was happening but left them as well. I suggested that maybe he had the same ability Murtaugh has, as someone else suggested that there might be another person in the subnet who has the ability to create portals.

So maybe he's Shiva? I'll have to look for the post... But anyways to answer your question regarding setting up puzzles, I also had a post where I suggested that we the player are simply an iniatiate for a cult, and we are completing tests in order to achieve a higher level of enlightenment for the deity we are involved with. It comes from the note in Sub9
If he's the explorer, she's the healer. If he's the child, she's the older sister. When he couldn't understand, she knew that it wasn't his fault. When he fell, she picked him up. When they wanted to kill him, she explained.

When he died, she carried his words. When she died, we buried her alongside him. They remain together in the light of Shiva. Your journey is almost at its end.

Congratulations. You've reached the highest level of understanding possible to a one-dimensional mind. If you want to leave the structure, Shiva will guide you. Just follow him.
But anyways Shiva may have the ability to restore the third layer, but like any deity, they would rather have followers do that for them as a way to achieve the highest level of enlightenment.
Yeah I thought about that too. It makes sense, especially when me and others were suggesting its a Sub10 screenshot, to clear up any confusion he would remove it. Though he could make it clear himself that its a SNEE screenshot, but ah whatever. I'm sure he's just as excited as we are to see the game in all its glory.
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

http://www.pastelland.com/forum/viewtop ... ing#p62458

I found my post, it was in the Sub4 thread
Interesting. I had wondered how Murtaugh came to build that teleporter in the lighthouse. Yeah he drew up the plans for it, but where did he get the plans?

But then we also go back to the Sub7 note which Elizabeth says about the man who knew what was happening but has since left as well. Using your theory, what if the man was the man prior? He knew what Murtaugh was doing, because he had done similar in the past. And why did he leave? Maybe the same reason Murtaugh left, he didn't want to draw attention to himself since he also had the power of shiva.
WorldIsQuiet suggested that there was another person with abilities like Murtaugh's who came from Layer 1.
I had this idea that there was another person who was like Murtuagh, but he/she was originally from Layer One. And there was an event similar to Murtuagh situation. But it was not on a scale as grand or to be notice that either no one saw it, cause this person (Not Murtaugh) was somewhat less develop or smart enough to make himself/herself scarce.
And the route to enlightenment:

http://www.pastelland.com/forum/viewtop ... ity#p59896
I almost want to say its a path of enlightenment course for those who are initiates for becoming a monk or something like that. Basically a ritual, a set order of trials and tests to become one with whatever religious deity they are wanting to serve.

That is just how Sub9 came across, when it told us that we had achieved the highest level of understanding and enlightenment and if we wanted to leave the structure, to follow Shiva.

But then you have stuff like in Sub8 that talk about the computer, and how computer processing surpassed that of the human mind or whatever it said.

I feel as if we shouldn't be flat out told in the last installment. If there are going to be side installments, then let the truth be give piece by piece with those. That way the main installments can be the big puzzle, with the bigger pieces with the tiny pieces being the side installments.

And then you have Submachine Universe too...
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Gemini wrote:
Yeah I thought about that too. It makes sense, especially when me and others were suggesting its a Sub10 screenshot, to clear up any confusion he would remove it. Though he could make it clear himself that its a SNEE screenshot, but ah whatever. I'm sure he's just as excited as we are to see the game in all its glory.
But it makes sence in the way that Mateusz is not currently developing Puzzles and Devices for Sub10, yet, it doesn't explains why he decided to make something for SubVerse. hmm...
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

Sometimes during development that happens, you'll create something and just put it to the side until you find use for it.
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

I asked the almighty sub-god regarding that screenshot. He may or may not respond...
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Gemini wrote:I asked the almighty sub-god regarding that screenshot. He may or may not respond...
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I can't even imagine what could be the purpose of such a device.