Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine 10 and beyond Theories and Suggestions

Post by Vortex »

The one that corresponds to Liz was found to be a statue of Prithvi.

I said that because in some of the statues I can see a certain disproportion that usually can't be found in real life statues. The meditation temple King's legs, for example.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Mat, Sept 30 2012 wrote:there's third option.
beamers open dimensions AND other things.

which they do.

the last beamer opened a direct connection from one location to the next within layer 5.
It would seem that this confirms the Water Pantheon and the Garden are in the same layer, Layer 5. However we start Submachine 9 in Layer 1, which is odd. I'm assuming what happened is that the player arrived at the Garden in Layer 5, but then switched back to Layer 1 via Navigator before the game started.
Mat, Sept 29, 2012 wrote:you were going to layer 5.
on the way - you fell into the portal within the portal that changed your direction and threw you into the dimensional knot that you had to untie in order to move forward.

now ask me again, how sub8 mirrors sub3. -__-
So, by mirror logic, Sub2 must have been in Layer 5. Which means that Sub10's lighthouse is in a different layer, 1 or 3 probably.

Another question: The desert. This whole time we've never really been give evidence that the Submachine has ever "left" Earth; only that it was either built under it or absorbed parts of it. So why would we now find ourselves in a location with two moons in the sky? With an atmosphere and giant pyramids in the background, no less?

Time for a new theory...or two...
Last edited by Jatsko on 31 Jan 2016 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Jatsko wrote:
Mat, Sept 30 2012 wrote:there's third option.
beamers open dimensions AND other things.

which they do.

the last beamer opened a direct connection from one location to the next within layer 5.
It would seem that this confirms the Water Pantheon and the Garden are in the same layer, Layer 5. However we start Submachine 9 in Layer 1, which is odd. I'm assuming what happened is that the player arrived at the Garden in Layer 5, but then switched back to Layer 1 via Navigator before the game started.
I think thats due of how the game engine works.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Or maybe we were in Layer 5 the entire time and we only visited a select number of the infinite number of sub-layers of Layer 5.
PowersOf32
lost in subnet

Post by PowersOf32 »

Desert theory is very nice, but how the subnet locations are floating in the void? Via the karma energy or something? I always thought the subnet is situated in the separate pocket dimension.
ShiningDawn
lost in subnet

Post by ShiningDawn »

- ak - wrote:Nah, there is no need for a new Submachine saga.

Everything you need to answer any questions are all there now, in all 10 main games.
I know that I still have plenty of questions that I'd want answers.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

SD, I'm answering your question you posted in Mat's thread here:

Any spin-offs made for Submachine in the future will NOT be sequels to the main series. The story and lore involving the Player and his/her connections with Mur and Liz and all of that is considered finished. Mat has said before that "The Engine" might delve further into the inner workings of the Submachine itself, but as far as the main characters and that storyline, there won't be anything else.
Everything you need to answer any questions are all there now, in all 10 main games.
This is not true.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Jatsko wrote:
This is not true.
No, it's very true.

Any questions there are can be filled in the blank by your best intellectual estimations.

They're still answers whatever you liked it or not.

8-)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

- ak - wrote: Any questions there are can be filled in the blank by your best intellectual estimations.
Funny how you put it like that.

I was believing this whole time that you knew some information that we were missing that was right in front of our faces, some concrete answers that we overlooked. Guess I believed wrong.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Jatsko wrote:
- ak - wrote: Any questions there are can be filled in the blank by your best intellectual estimations.
Funny how you put it like that.

I was believing this whole time that you knew some information that we were missing that was right in front of our faces, some concrete answers that we overlooked. Guess I believed wrong.
Let me explain better as I may have done a bad job doing...

There are answers in the games. Either you figure them out through logic and piecing together all clues or you just fill in the blank by yourself. I did it through the former so I do have a pretty concrete ideas of what happened through the history of Submachine.

Now that the series is finished, Mateusz is no longer in position to feed us morsel of details. The rest is up to us.