Submachine stories

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Submachine stories

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ABOUT

Submachine stories....

During the time when I was crazy submachine fan who screamed SUUUUUUUUUUUUBMAAAAAAAAAAACHIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEE! on forum and (VERY)impatiently (why I am so proud about this?.. ^^) waited for next game, I wanted to show all of my true emotions, reactions, feelings and thoughts about Submachine to the public. Aside from that old spam annoying posts of mine, I had another way to do that - making set of Paint pictures with screens from Submachine games, filled with my lovely stick figures (only art that can be drawn by my stupid hand... T-T).

So, ideas about this project came to me back in 2012, after I acclimatized to the forum and community.

Stories you will see are TRUE STORIES about me and my experience in Submachine back in 2007-2015 years. They represent my past positive emotions, jokes, stucks, thoughts, and other stuff that my mind created during palying first playgrounds, making post-analyses, reading Pastel Forums or thinking about random thoughts.

It will be short comic-style drawings, with Submachine environments and stickman figures! :3
Some of them will be one-panel. Some of them will be longer.

At the end of each issue, for those who didn't get what I represented in this comic, I will explain meaning for you. :D

Since you know me very well, frequency of new issues' release will be different. From one day to one year. XD

Fun fact: This series will contain some kind of plot. O_o
So, it's not just representations of my submachine lifepath, but it also contains some unique background story. :)

Oh, forgot the main thing:

Very important information:

Games of Submachine series, as well as background screens and items that were taken from these games, are created and copyrighted by Sir Mateusz Skutnik.

Next drawings haven't purpose to mock dishonorably at Mateusz or his great work or to make huge disrespect, it was made only for honest good purposes.

In future there will be reappearances of some jokes that Mateusz didn't pleased when they was made at first time. Yes, popcorn machines, and other stuff...
Again: I consider only getting light sinless pun from that jokes, it's not about disrespecting Mateusz's work. I hope Sir understands me...

------

Well, what are we waiting for?

LET"S START OUR ADVENTURE!

What do you think: Did I know that after I entered flash games site, sitting at my home one day back in 2007, searching for new escape the room flash games after I completed my favorite horror-quest Arcane Online Mystery Serial game series, I would find IT?

What do you think: Did I know that after I started first game with thoughts "OK let's check it. I wonder will it take more than 20 minutes...", I would WRITE THIS HUGE POST FOR YOU RIGHT NOW???

DID I KNOW THAT I WOULD REPLAY ALL GAMES IN SERIES EVERY DAY 365+ TIMES IN YEAR, ANALYZE PLOT, MAKE WIKI, FIND COMMUNITY WHO WORSHIPS TO IT AND JOINING IT AFTER YEARS OF LURKING, WAITING ONLY FOR NEW INFORMATION ABOUT NEW GAME RELEASE?

DID I KNOW THAT MY "SMALL TRIP" WOULD END IN 2015? AFTER 8 YEARS!!!

DID I???

??

?

XD

phew...
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 19 Jan 2017 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Submachine stories

Post by Vortex »

this is cool! :D

who's the guy grinning at the fourth panel? will we know more about him?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

thx!
Vortex wrote:who's the guy grinning at the fourth panel? will we know more about him?
Submachine...
The most mysterious place...
:3

-----
good news:
I'm making list of everything I experienced in submachine and its outskirts (forum and sites). Plots for each new issue of Submachine stories... And it appears we will have over 120 issues! :3

bad news:
considering my nature... it would take years... dozen years...
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Nice idea bro!
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I guess everyone during his first playground wonders about unusual sound when you move between the rooms.
This famous sound is yet another component that makes submachine very special...

When I first played it, my English skills were awful, but still, I could guess what "sub" is, and due to lack of explanation about what does "submachine" mean (especially in first game, when ten famous letters mysteriously appear and disappear in dark screen before game starts) I called it "underground machine".
But after I typed "submachine" in online translator, I was surprised by result. You know. Single common meaning. "Submachine gun"...

Funny that tunes of gunfire sound can be heard here as well, when you move through submachine...
;)
CosmicEnergyFlow
lost in subnet

Post by CosmicEnergyFlow »

That train sound
Dat Neon Blue universal law.
CosmicEnergyFlow
lost in subnet

Post by CosmicEnergyFlow »

The first time I played sub1 I was thinking why do we sound like we are stepping on a metal roof while we actually step on wood?
Dat Neon Blue universal law.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Forgot. Sorry.

---------------

So, somewhere in 2006-2007, I opened world of flash games. And of course, my favorite genre was point'n'click quest games. Before I found and played submachine, I played countless of escape and mystery games.
The most of such games started with popular pattern-cliche: main hero has some kind of amnesia, hero doesn't know where he is, hero appears in room/house/facility/etc and must escape it. And the most of that games didn't have any plot and intro with description what is going one here.
So, when I finished Sub1, I was confused again: what is going on here? Where I am? Who I am? Do I have amnesia? And What the hell "submachine" means and what is it? :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I edited previous issue's description.
And here we continue:

------------------------

Just guess why SBL location has this sound...
*continues to listen addicting water drip-drop sound and feel blessing chills feeling*
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

:D