Submachine 9: the Temple

- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by - ak - »

Sublevel 105 wrote:hmm...

I feel there's absolutely similar real-life statue somewhere...

(btw, what does she hold in arms? When I saw it at first time, I though it's Sub3's navigator. :D)
Golden flower petals.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

Am I the only one who noticed that the green karma portal to the mover and the mover itself disappear when not in layer 3?
Submachine Achievements:
Pastel Land Achievements 1: 71 achievements, 1,052,095 points
Pastel Land Achievements 2:
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Thegeniusyosh wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that the green karma portal to the mover and the mover itself disappear when not in layer 3?
mover disappears and you float in void.
But portal doesn't disappear, as I remember.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

It does, at least in the temple.
And at the very least, Sub 6 and the Corridor take place in layer 3.
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Thegeniusyosh wrote:And at the very least, Sub 6 and the Corridor take place in layer 3.
Ideally you would have to prove that the mover from Sub9 is the same mover we see from Sub6 to prove that it is from Sub6.

As far as layer, that's technically still difficult to prove that Sub6 took place in layer 3 because there's no way to tell which layer we were in in Sub6. That's because we used the navigator frequently in Subs 8 and 9, and there's no solid answer that tells us which layer we came from before using the big green karma portal, the big Sanctuary/Winter Palace karma door, etc.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

Actually, there is a way to tell. If the mover from Sub9 is, in fact, the same mover as the one from Subs 5 and 6, then, at the very least, the Corridor from Sub 5 and all of Sub 6 is in layer 3. And if the root teleporters and lab teleporters don't change the layer, then all of Subs 5 and 6 take place in layer 3. We know that we didn't change layers at the very least from when we pressed the button on the mover to when we used the prototype portal in Sub 6. And if the mover from Sub 9 is the same one as from Subs 5 and 6, then we were in layer 3 during for all of Sub 6.

Sorry if I'm being rude.
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Oh don't worry, your'e not being rude. It's not often that we have these discussions about the subnet anymore, and the layer issue is still largely unsolved.

I hear what you're saying, and I think it all makes sense. You've carefully shown which areas should all be in the same layer. However, you still need evidence that the movers are the same in order to connect all the dots.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

I think I might have some evidence. Keyword: might. Why would there be more than one wisdom gen mover? In Sub 6, it is shown that there is clearly at least two types of movers: Blue ones and the grey one. Now, why would there be more than one grey mover? The blue movers are, from an energy standpoint, clearly better, as they don't require even a single wisdom gem, Plus, they have a spinny chair! :D I think there was only one grey mover ever made, the one shown in Submachine 5, 6, and 9.
Last edited by Thegeniusyosh on 06 Mar 2017 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
Submachine Achievements:
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

The gray mover is identified as a "maintenance cart" by the computer notification at the beginning of Sub6. Since it is recognized by the system, which is the network that maintains the entire Edge (at least), I would assume that the Edge has more than one maintenance cart.

Plus, the docking port in the corridor is labeled "S1". If the mover was the only one in the entire system, there would be no need for such a label, which suggests that there are other sections (T1, U1, V1 or S2, S3, S4, etc.) that could also contain multiple movers.
Thegeniusyosh
lost in subnet

Post by Thegeniusyosh »

Also, the mover in Sub 9 is shown to be in the middle of the void. I don't think any maintenance carts would be docked in the middle of the void. Unless it was being moved.by other movers, like in Submachine 6. The 2 blue movers moving the grey mover aren't going back to the Corridor. They're going to the left, which is the void. It would be impossible to fit the grey mover in the corridor with the configuration of blue movers in Submachine 6. The grey mover would be almost in the Corridor, but not quite. I think that the blue movers left the grey mover in the void. If there are more grey movers, then losing 1 isn't such a big deal. I think that is what happened.
Submachine Achievements: