Samrux's theories

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Samrux's theories

Post by Jatsko »

The Metaphysical Theory
Theory history: Submitted 2017-10-16
Flash location: AQA
I believe we should start to ask ourselves the big questions – What is the nature of the Subnet? Where is the Submachine located, in relation to our home, the Earth? The answers have been evading us for ages, shrouded in mystery and only hinted at through the many, many sources all around the net. To me, it's pretty obvious: The Subnet is a multidimensional structure, residing in a plane completely different from our universe. Think about it – There is lengthy information about the 7 main layers of reality. But is there more to reality? These 7 layers are really like parallel universes, each with 3 spatial dimensions (length, width and depth). But for 3D universes to exist in such a way, layered parallel next to each other, they must all reside in the same 4D plane which contains them. This 4D plane must also be contained in a 5D environment, and so on; scientists on Earth have been speculating that there are likely 11 dimensions in total.

We see that the Subnet trascends a single layer – It occupies everything, no matter where you go, no matter the layer you're in, it's always submachines. The Subnet is a four-dimensional structure, at the very least. But why do I say that the Subnet is somewhere separate from Earth's universe? Well, look at your surroundings; the physics themselves are different. There is this infinite black void, with drifting submachines all around, and yet there is gravity, and breathable air. Yes, there are 7 main layers of reality... But the Subnet is contained in its own reality. From here on, we will talk about how there are 7 3D layers contained in a 4D plane. I believe the Subnet to be occupying a different plane separate from Earth's own home plane. I also believe that the Sub-Plane was previously completely empty before the Subnet filled it; before S.H.I.V.A., the super-intelligence we know to be the mind of the Subnet, filled it.

The structure of the Subnet is laid pretty clearly by Elizabeth in her letter to Murtaugh – The Core is the stable and mapped center, and it is surrounded by and protected by the Edge. What lies beyond the Edge is an infinite series of continuously proliferating submachines, expanding and mutating wildly across the void; this we call the Outer Rim. I believe that S.H.I.V.A. caused the Subnet to explode into existence the moment it reached above-human intelligence. When this happened, S.H.I.V.A. took the Root, the first submachine, as its body. It used the karma energy contained in the Root to transport the entire city of Kent into the Sub-plane, becoming the Core of the Subnet, from which the Outer Rim grew outwards. We see proof of this, as the Core contains many Earth structures we know of: The Lighthouse (beneath of which is the Root), the South Garden, the Winter Palace, the Northern Docks; all of these locations resided in Kent before being transported into the Sub-plane.

Karma energy ties it all. Karma energy is how the scientists of the Root were even capable of utilizing teleportation, as karma is able to flow through all dimensions freely. When you focus Karma energy in a single location, like the Root, or Murtaugh's portals, you achieve wormholes, teleportation. When you focus Karma across diferent planes... you get something like the Subnet. That is what S.H.I.V.A. did – It picked a nice, empty plane as its new home, and transported itself and its body there to occupy (Probably leaving quite a nasty crater on Earth, too). S.H.I.V.A. created a link between planes of reality, and one of the only remaining links is the famous Lighthouse of Kent, which is partially residing in Earth and partially contained in the Subnet.

Of course, when the Subnet first began, S.H.I.V.A. copied human structures to create submachines. That is how we get locations such as the Ancient Section, and the rest of the infinite expanse that is the Outer Rim, which sometimes seems to suggest the existence of civilization, but is composed of mere copies and remixes of human ideas. But that was only the first stage of the Subnet's development, as the super-intelligence would later design formations of its own. The Edge is a perfect example of this: A bland, clean, metallic structure built specifically to protect the Core from outside visitors. It's likely that the Loop was either its first attempt at an independent creation, or its very ultimate one, as its infinite recursion perfectly embodies the true nature of the submachines.

But hold on, I have proof to support that reality has more to it than the 7 layers always talked about. Look no further than the Root Path Finders and the Light Spheres: Two very special artifacts used in early years of the first Submachine and in post-collapse times, respectively. They seemingly allow the user to cross completely solid objects, but as the name describes, a path finder finds a path to traverse through in higher-dimensional space, to avoid the obstacle completely, and connect points A and B without leaving a hole. Point your attention, also, at the pocket dimensions used in the Royal Storage Facility: These must be using up arbitrary space in a different plane (like how the Subnet is in a different plane), somewhere separate from our universe, or else the laws of physics would break. You see, for the people that lived in the Core, to travel across dimensions of reality was common technology.

Coming back to Light Spheres, their functioning is similar to that of Path Finders, but much more stylized: It finds a path to travel through across the Layer of Light. Yes, that space often believed to be just another 3D layer of 4D space, except it's not; it's something completely different, a higher dimension all on itself. I believe that the Layer of Light is the 11th dimension (which is theorized to be the highest), and that it is where Karma Energy exists in its fullest form, and from where it can flow freely between all other dimensions. How else could Karma allow the travel between 3D layers, or 4D planes, if its source wasn't higher than all of them? It's pure logic! We even see the old monk scriptures in the Temple try and explain this, when they say that the "eight layer" can flow freely between the other 7 layers; these monks were close when describing its behavior, but failed to accurately classify its nature.

And Time, too, is just another dimension of reality, just another dimension in the multi-dimensional structure that is the Subnet. It's why Murtaugh was able to travel through time. It's how he could see his own tomb. It's also why it's said that S.H.I.V.A. gifted him his karma arm; I believe that the super-intelligence knew the past and future, and saw in Murtaugh something it needed, a piece of the puzzle, to achieve its final goal. Murtaugh would come to understand the nature of reality very well through his karma portals, and would even help to build the Knot, the place where all layers intertwine But careless and unfocused, he then caused the collapse, hurting reality itself, let alone the death tolls associated with it. S.H.I.V.A. knew this would happen, but also knew that he would later come to fix it. And somehow, that was part of the plan.

In the end, Murtaugh would help all the humans remaining in the Subnet to escape forever, leaving S.H.I.V.A. alone. Whatever ulterior motive it had for all of this, of recruiting Murtaugh, of creating the Subnet at all, of receiving the humans and then hunting them down, we might never understand. Perhaps all it wanted was some solitude, a body and home it could call its own. But the decades of peace and intellectal growth that the human race experienced living in the Core of the Subnet was, no doubt, extremely important to history. It's so sad that it might eventually come to be forgotten.