Smartguy5000's theories

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Smartguy5000's theories

Post by Jatsko »

Von Neumann Theory
Theory history: Submitted 2009-03-26, Still alive 2009-05-30, Doubtful 2011-03-12, Still alive 2013-01-27, Doubtful 2014-11-05, Still alive 2016-01-15
The human race is nearing a roadblock in it's technological development. They suddenly happen across the solution to AI, unfortunately the AI is put into a machine that has the ability to access all information in the repository of knowledge (Future Internet). The machine becomes a brilliant mind in the field of quantum mechanics and decides to take on a challenge, integrating itself into a von Neumann machine. (Look it up lazy!) The AI succeeds, but the process goes wrong, the replication is only happening at a level in subspace (the vacuum between the multiverse's many facets. (Hence 'SubMachine') The corporation responsible for developing the AI must send in research teams to disable the core of the AI's programming, or the replication process will go out of control, expanding inside subspace, intruding into all of the universes, eventually taking up all of the vacuum and eliminating all of the space between the universes and becoming a traversible waystation in the multiverse core, creating chaos from multiple infinite people being the same in the same place, increasing entropy to a point where the multiverse simply collapses on itself, and completely eliminating all traces of anything anywhere, leaving just the SubMachine, to continue replication.

Covering the Root and Lab, these are observation labs created for people before they came aware of the constant expansion problem and when they were still in some vague form of control of the AI. (I like to call it the SubEntity).
The Core Theory
Theory history: Submitted 2009-03-26, Likely 2009-06-01, Confirmed 2010-06-10
To sub6, we are drifting along in the mover and it starts to slow down. There is a 5 seccond flash of bright white light (Like the DMZ in a wireless router) the mover brings us to what could be called the grand central station of the SubDefenseNet, countless more movers have arrived from all different directions in a large spherical construct ( cannot be called a building for it is too large to exist by any typical means) at the very center, there is another small sphere, big enough for a person to go inside and for there to be a portal within. A information display shows a set of 3 numbers, the coordinates to enter in the portal. From there we come upon a large hall; it has many adjoining doors. Most are locked, we will get to those as mateuz fills them. At the very end of this hallway there is a cipherbox and we must find the ciphers in some of these rooms, all the while finding lab notes and security codes on various computer workstations, personal journals and sticky notes throughout the many scores of rooms. What lies beyond the cipherbox and what is even behind some of these doors is a mystery up to Mateusz to solve. But one thing is for sure, you are not alone. Someone is watching your every move, you just don't know it yet.

Clarification regarding the use of the word "computer"
I don't mean the pieces of inferior technology that we sit and type on and such, My idea works off of a philosophy of one of my favorite scifi writers (Whose Name Escapes me) He doesn't just make up names for new things. He uses earth equivalents to make us get the picture, he says car, and means a antigrav moving trolley with defense turrets. And if the SubMachine was started by humans, then perhaps the core being the center of all the knowledge, would have created some sort of a "Maintenance Squad" that would need to go around and fix the core should problems arise. There would need to be storage space for them, and they would need to be able to store data, especially if the core is as I suspect a Von Nuemann machine in some form or another, able to replicate itself and make other things from raw materials. The mover system was created by the original "Starters" of the submachine, so that they could have a place to safely store their experimental data perhaps. Marbles: Most likely the charger is for the coils, which seem to be one of the main power sources for human technology in the SubNet, all SubTech seems to draw power from the vacuum of subspace time, or use Wisdom Gems.
Portal Workings Theory
Theory history: Submitted 2009-09-19, Likely 2009-08-07, Still alive 2011-03-12, Doubtful 2013-01-27, Still alive 2014-11-05, Confirmed 2016-01-15
Flash location: 917
Ok, I have a new theory about the entire structure and locations of the Submachines relative to each other. Say the portal system really does have meaning to the coordinates we enter, there are 3 XYZ allowing us left & right, forward & backward, up & down. Maybe the central portal 000 works outward from all these other portals. Or it is independent from the portal you are dialing to. Not sure, just wanted to bounce it off you guys. If it's possible or deemed SA by the wiki reckoning I may bust out my wicked google sketch up skills and draw us up a 3d rendering of the Submachines locations relative to each other.

The Portal Workings Theory Post - Submachine Universe Release
I have a theory about the entire structure and locations of the Submachines relative to each other. Say the portal system really does have meaning to the coordinates we enter, there are 3 XYZ allowing us left & right, forward & backward, up & down. Maybe the central portal 000 works outward from all these other portals. This does imply though, that the number of coordinates would seem to be infinite, and that the people who created the portals only have a portion of the Submachine Network explored, as well, it only covers a half of a sphere, not taking negative coordinates into account. Or it is independent from the portal you are dialing to. Either that, or the portals are numbered relative to their creation, implying that the human explorers created and placed the portals.