Google Sheet for the organization plan
First off: There have been new threads that have been created since last June when I last looked at this project, but I'll worry about categorizing them later. They should be the only ones left over when we're done with what I originally laid out anyway.
Alright, I think the next course of action would be to divide General Discussion into the smaller forums as I've laid out in the Google Sheet, and move the corresponding threads. I'm aware that this is will be a big step in rethinking how things are laid out in the largest subforum on this site, so anyone who has questions or comments about it should definitely speak up because there has to be some people out there with questions about how this will impact stuff like navigation.
As a recap, I'm suggesting that GenDis will be divided up into these subforums:
Again for all of these, hopefully looking at the list of what to put in each subforum will help you out with the definitions behind the categories that I'm proposing. And lastly, just a reminder that even though I speak with an assertive tone and people tend to usually agree with things I propose on here, that doesn't give me some sort of supreme authority on how things are done around here. So don't let that stop pushback you might want to express.pastel topics - General Discussion/offtopic threads that specifically relate to Pastel properties or the forum itself, but aren't as relevant as an actual game page or a suggestions thread.
"Projects" (title TBD) - personal ventures that people on the forum have created or undertaken that are either solo or community efforts (forum games, personal artwork threads, etc.)
other interests - stuff completely unrelated to Pastel properties (rant board, off topic, drawings, dreams, Happy New Year, movies, languages, etc.)
birthdays - birthdays! We have enough to warrant its own category, I think.
A ' L L U K I N - self expl. Hopefully AK won't mind that it won't have front-page prominence anymore; I know this is his pet project and he wants it to have visibility like the Pastel stuff, but I think moving it to a GenDis subforum is a better spot in order to ensure that Pastel properties are the primary focus. (and hey, maybe it getting moved will bring him back)
1. When inside one of these two new forums, you can use the "Mark topics read" button in the upper right corner to clear all the new red text topic titles that probably cropped up due to the move.
2. There are two threads for Anonymous1 that were created by him and me at the same time; mine was barely used, so I just copied what was written in "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANONYMOUS1" to the better thread "Happy Birthday Anonymous!". I think "HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANONYMOUS1" can now safely be deleted.
3. "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY" thread was move to birthdays, but it appears to serve the same purpose as another well established thread so I'd suggest discussing it in the future. I currently have it marked as "delete/offtop" in my organization sheet.
4. "somewhat Submachine-related topic yo" should have [ Markiplier ] or similar in the topic title.
5. "Fan meetup discussion" wasn't moved to pastel topics; is this due to there being a plan for combining two other threads with it?
I'll try to find some free time during next week.
Lol I know the feeling very well. That's fine, there's no urgency in this at all. It's great that you're able to do it at all, I at least appreciate seeing the forum a tiny bit cleaner :DI'm at home because of the quarantine, but somehow I'm actually a lot busier than before