[Migration in prod.] The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: The new administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Post by Vortex »

Aren't they already restored? Ak gave Ancient Crystal the backup.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

admin3 wrote:
22 May 2020 13:11
As for the forum backups, as far as I can tell, the backups AK just provided me with are in fact a complete backup of the old forum. I'm happy to report that with this, all forum attachments have been restored. With this, I think all user-generated content from the old host has been copied over, but do tell me if I've missed anything.
Yeah, I gave Crystal the back-up, which turned out to be a complete backup of the forum. I still have the backup in case Crystal need it, but hopefully many issues that came with this forum has been resolved. I just need to figure out why the forum scrolling is very laggy on Chrome, probably phpBB system isn't friendly to Chrome. It scrolls okay on Safari and perfectly smooth on iPhone, though.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

That's perect about attachements then. :D
thanks

I am using Chrome, and don't have any lags
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Same here. It could be an issue with your Chrome's config settings, or an extension maybe.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

There's starting to be a big problem with spam. At the moment there are 54 "guests" online, and I just had to delete five spam threads...
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

All right, it seems that somewhere in the settings for Chrome, the hardware acceleration might have been the cause of lags in the forum.

The lags are still there, but it is much more minimal and is comparable to Safari. I think there's still might be something in phpBB system that's bit taxing on Safari and Chrome, but I am not going to worry about it too much. The forum scrolls much better than before, so I guess that's one problem solved.

Carry on! 8-)
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

There is a problem with advance searches.
I'm trying to find an old post and the search results takes about 30 seconds to load and then the page is blank.

Hope someone can fix this.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It's a known problem that I don't know how to solve. I rebuilt the search index in the control panel but it still doesn't work properly sometimes.
Empoeria
the Architect's apprentice

Post by Empoeria »

Looks like we're really getting swarmed with spam bots. Are you guys working on implementing a different verification system by chance?
admin3
Site Admin

Post by admin3 »

Unfortunately, I can't really "implement" a new system very easily - there's a set of options to chose from in the forum software, and I though I could, in theory, modify the forums to accept another option, it would be a lot of work for possibly no benefit, since there no reason I'd make a better captcha than, say, google. I've removed another wave of spambots and swapped out all the confirmation questions, we'll see if that helps.
Admin account of Ancient Crystal, current forum host.