Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Forum's Website Development & Bugs & Problems Reporting

Post by Vortex »

umm... mods can see IPs, you know that? :P

if I say all the spambots's IP is from Moscow it's because I've checked it.

this would be a temporary measure, it's better to have spam in the users list only than to have it in the users list and in forum posts. But of course if it can't be done without an admin, there are much better measures to take.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

even Spanish spam? Oo
ok...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

yeah I was surprised too, probably they studied it in spambot school XD

But seriously, we need someone with the power to do something. It looks like we can't change the settings Gil talked about without an admin anyways. If Ak hasn't answered yet, as I said we would need to contact Mateusz for help; and if he's busy, I'm willing to be appointed admin and handle the new registrations through my email, and/or install a captcha.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I trust you. :)

Will you send PM to Mateusz? Or wait for stream?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Vortex, be sure to make a fake email adress and not a personal one.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 105 wrote:I trust you. :)

Will you send PM to Mateusz? Or wait for stream?
I don't know. I think he is most active on Facebook.
Ko9 wrote:Vortex, be sure to make a fake email adress and not a personal one.
Thanks, that's good advice.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Vortex wrote:yeah I was surprised too, probably they studied it in spambot school XD

But seriously, we need someone with the power to do something. It looks like we can't change the settings Gil talked about without an admin anyways. If Ak hasn't answered yet, as I said we would need to contact Mateusz for help; and if he's busy, I'm willing to be appointed admin and handle the new registrations through my email, and/or install a captcha.
You admin? Why not me? :lol:

You can message him on facebook or I can. AK has a facebook too... if you want it I can PM it to you.

Edit: It turns out that Paranormal is on AK's friends list on facebook so I texted Paranormal and asked him to send AK a message and to check the last post date on his wall, to see if he's active recently.

Edit 2: AK was last active on August 17th on this forum... so... dunno. Having another active admin is pretty ideal considering AK does have periods of inactivity. If AK is willing he can make me admin. Or I can just go back to being moderator to fill in the gap, if Vortex gets admin.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

strange, I sent several PMessages and email messages about spams and other things long time ago, but no reaction... Maybe Pastel God is extremely busy right now.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Gemini523 wrote:
Vortex wrote:yeah I was surprised too, probably they studied it in spambot school XD

You admin? Why not me? :lol:

You can message him on facebook or I can. AK has a facebook too... if you want it I can PM it to you.

Edit: It turns out that Paranormal is on AK's friends list on facebook so I texted Paranormal and asked him to send AK a message and to check the last post date on his wall, to see if he's active recently.

Edit 2: AK was last active on August 17th on this forum... so... dunno. Having another active admin is pretty ideal considering AK does have periods of inactivity. If AK is willing he can make me admin. Or I can just go back to being moderator to fill in the gap, if Vortex gets admin.
It's just temporary, just a one-time thing to clean all spambots and add counterspam measures. My idea was to create a new admin2 account and handle new registrations through that email, until Ak returns and I remove the admin status, and either delete the account or keep handling new users depending of what Ak would tell me.

I offered because Jatsko said he wouldn't know how to be an admin and Sublevel prefers me to do it. We're only talking about it because AK was missing... but if he was online 4 days ago, I wonder why he didn't show any other signs of activity :/

If we were to have another permanent admin, I think the best would be to talk to the current admins Ak and Mateusz, and do a proper forum voting, it's a serious decision that can't be rushed or taken in the moment.
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

I know you see it as tempoary, but I see it a bit more than that. AK is inactive and I think having someone admin on a permanent basis, someone who is more active, who can handle issues as they arise.

I sent a PM to AK and also another email. I gave him my opinion on the matter and backed the both of us as admins. There, you have my support, vortex

:P