[Migration in prod.] The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Thank you, Jatsko!

Strange that I couldn't find it with browser search.
Strange that forum search can't find it by title, or by any word from posts.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Search is broken still. It's difficult for any queries to get through; I search words and topic titles that I know would normally turn up results, but they currently don't.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Jatsko wrote:
20 Sep 2021 18:40
Also wow, I checked the edit dates on my spreadsheet for the forum reorganization project, and it's been going on for over three years already

May as well bump this again while I'm here:
Jatsko wrote: - Daymare Town 5 Theories and Suggestions - combine with Daymare Town 5 theories and suggestions
- meating a submachine person in real life - combine with Fan Meetup Discussion
- I want to find the real Submachine - combine with Fan Meetup Discussion
- mapping the Submachine Network - combine with map of submachine
- Crazy Submachine addict Sublevel creates the poll - combine with Polls
- Submachine CD - combine with Submachine Fan Artwork
- My SubHD ideas - combine with Submachine general suggestions
- real life submachine traces - combine with VOIDSCAN
I will eventually finish this, I swear XD
I've done all the merges except the poll one, as I'm not sure if the poll results will get erased once the threads are merged. I'll investigate how it works, we can always record the poll results in a post in any case.

Also, a reminder for later: the phpBB software needs updating to ver. 3.3.5. (Let's hope this update is finally the one that fixes the issues with search)
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Noted, I'll get around to it as soon as possible.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Meanwhile, still waiting for fixing forum search...
Ancient Crystal
subnet notes finder

Post by Ancient Crystal »

Yep, I honestly thought the last update fixed it, then I sort of lost track of forum issues for, uh, a while. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long before I can perform be the next update.
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss, if the old boss had been an octahedron, which they weren't.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Thanks Vortex! Aside from the poll thread, that marks the end of merging all threads that do not overlap each other.

The next easiest thing to do would be to tackle combining threads that DO overlap each other. I think I've stated my opinions on this before, and I'll summarize them again here: please just do it. The only drawback that I can see to these threads being combined is that if someone were to go back through these threads to read them (and how often will that be?), they might get a bit lost in who's talking to whom at some points. Thankfully, from the past thread combinations it seems that all post reply titles are preserved, so there are indicators as to which posts go with which conversation in the combined thread.

If there are no outstanding objections to this, here is the list of threads to be combined (including the poll thread from the last action):
Jatsko wrote: Green Karma Portals - combine with mentalEngineer's Theories/Speculations
Biblical references: The Subnet - combine with Sundex's Theories
The Black Dossier - combine with The Black Dossier Theory/WIQ's Theories
Discuss the avatar - combine with Discuss the Profile (?) <--- idk why that question mark is there in my document, there's probably a good reason
2013 wrapup - combine with Tomorow is One Year Later/(sim. title with better spelling)
PF memes - combine with Pastel Jokes
One day until Sub 10 - combine with Polls
Unofficial Submachine port for Android - combine with Submachine Fan Artwork
Submachine Ψ: the Fanzine - combine with Submachine Fan Artwork
Old games, new games, and screenshotmania - combine with Submachine Universe
List of posible SubVerse updates - combine with Submachine Universe Suggestions
Former the most crazy Submachine addict calls for help - combine with Video Games
Wrong game tradition that I can't understand - combine with Video Games
Jayisgames Best of 2012 - combine with Video Games

(1A) Thank you Mateusz - combine with Celebrations [ overlaps 1B ]
(1B) Happy 10th anniversary Submachine - combine with Celebrations [ overlaps 1A ]
(2A) how do you like the look of the forum - combine with FWDBPR [ overlaps 2B ]
(2B) Pastel ranks - combine with FWDBPR [ overlaps 2A ]

Crazy Submachine addict Sublevel creates the poll - combine with Polls
admin3
Site Admin

Re: The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports [unscheduled downtime 2021-11-21]

Post by admin3 »

We had unscheduled downtime on 2021-11-21, for a few hours ending at around 12:00 UTC, and possibly more unscheduled downtime the day before. The issue was purely a networking one, the server itself is unaffected. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Admin account of Ancient Crystal, current forum host.
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: The third administration: Welcome, dev & issue reports [unscheduled downtime 2021-11-21]

Post by Augustus »

I have a question, since it is possible for Sublevel's number to be changed once in a while, is it possible for my account to be renamed to Augustus? If that would be the case I would really appreciate that. If not, then that is fine as well.
admin2
Site Admin

Post by admin2 »

Done! :D
Destroyer of Spam