Books!

borys610

Re: Books!

Post by borys610 »

Well... Dukaj's style is... hard, the only word that I can think of is "hard".
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

Complicated. Incomprehensible. Complex. Difficult to grasp.
Vocabulary.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

No, I think hard is better word...
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

So yeah it does make your brain hurt.
Just from those sentences, my brain's trying to comprehend...:P

Well, isn't it called "hard science fiction" after all? :P
borys610

Post by borys610 »

The best part is, that most of his books are long. I mean ~800 pages. The longest (I think) is "Lód", which is over 1000 pages long.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

I've been hooked on Daniel Rothfuss's The Name of the Wind. Really original and interesting fantasy.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Just Finish "Heart of Darkness" by Joseph Conrad. Take place during the Pioneer into Africa Jungle through the Congo River. The Jungle Violated by British Company taking all the Resources. The Movie Apocalypse Now is base of that Book. Last Year before the Summer began was on Channel abc was a Show called The River, had to do with the Family of a Crocodile hunter type character who is possibly Dead on his Missing Boat. Presumably He is Alive and His Family found His boat in the Amazon Jungle at the Mouth of a River that never been Mapped. They follow his TV Recording Tapes to try to retraces his Steps to find Him deeper into the Heart of the Amazon by using His Boat through the Uncharted River. Had a Paranormal Movie Setting with a hint of Curse Amazon Jungle Anomaly.

I brought up a subject in the discussion on the question "That Insane People are more Free then Sane People". They Escape the Horrors of the World by Creating there Own. Doctors are Paid to bring them from that Safe Environment into our Unsafe Environment. My teacher said "Yes, because they are without Boarders" and I said "You better start calling Me Insane because I'm without Boarders". She said "Without Boarder you will Fall." I said " Yes, but I have a Floor". She said "Yes, but without Boarder you'll' fall off the Floor." I responded "Yes, But I have a Quite Large Floor."
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Dresden Files and Mitch Rapp series!

If I didn't already pester you guys and gals about that before :D

I remember watching Apocalypse Now movie way back then... I remember it was very crazy and I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I should.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

I brought up a subject in the discussion on the question "That Insane People are more Free then Sane People". They Escape the Horrors of the World by Creating there Own. Doctors are Paid to bring them from that Safe Environment into our Unsafe Environment. My teacher said "Yes, because they are without Boarders" and I said "You better start calling Me Insane because I'm without Boarders". She said "Without Boarder you will Fall." I said " Yes, but I have a Floor". She said "Yes, but without Boarder you'll' fall off the Floor." I responded "Yes, But I have a Quite Large Floor."
This really deserves to be in the Meditations thread, but what would you call your floor? What makes it "Quite Large?" I'm very intrigued.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

I think I made a drawing on this subject.I'm thinking up a follow up to it.
But remember,not all escapists are insane.
Is this my final form?