Books!

Vurn
subnet traveller

Re: Books!

Post by Vurn »

borys610 wrote: Only serious book that I audio-read was "Narrenturm" another book of "The Witcher's" author - Sapkowski
Aw yiss.
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

I didn't get the joke.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

yeah, Hearts in Atlantis the movie is a not very good movie interpretation of 1 of the 4 or 5 stories in the book Hearts in Atlantis. Yet another great book... I actually really need/want to reread it. XD
I'll keep that in mind XD I was thinking throughout, "How's this relate to anything I've read so far...?" XD

Anyway, @ -ak- : That actually sounds like a good series, Dresden Files, I'll check into it :D (and when you mention "HP for Adults" - I consider HP for adults more than for children really XD)
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

The character in the movie version of Hearts doesn't show up in the Dark Tower series until near the end of the series, 6 or 7th book.

And i guess the movie is ok, it just leaves out so many great things, like why the kid has to think of the girl when the low men pass them in a car, an what their cars actually are (which ties into Buick 8 a bit). Granted, Anthony Hopkins is always awesome. I thought he was the coolest part of Thor. He just has to say a line and your like, "Wooooohhh."
Death Road
lost in subnet

Post by Death Road »

Books! Image

But really, I always have to say the best books you can read are The Dark Tower Series (starting with The Gunslinger) by Stephen King

I'm currently rereading the second book of it for fun while my girlfriend reads them for the first time, but ahead of me.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Great minds think alike, I suppose. Funny you decided to re-read Dark Tower.
The character in the movie version of Hearts doesn't show up in the Dark Tower series until near the end of the series, 6 or 7th book.
Well, I have that to look forward to :P
And i guess the movie is ok, it just leaves out so many great things, like why the kid has to think of the girl when the low men pass them in a car, an what their cars actually are (which ties into Buick 8 a bit). Granted, Anthony Hopkins is always awesome. I thought he was the coolest part of Thor. He just has to say a line and your like, "Wooooohhh."
Anthony Hopkins is awesome, another good reason I decided to watch it :P I'll read and then rewatch the movie to see what you're talking about :P

About 11/22/63 - Like all King stories, it's very fast-paced and easy to finish the chapters, I'm glad about that.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Recently, I started "The Mother of Devil" By Wiktor Suworow.
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

I started reading The Perfect Imperfection (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_Imperfection) by Jacek Dukaj (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacek_Dukaj). And, damn, this is some really hard science fiction. Pretty cool though.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Sounds like Futurama in a way, but not something I'd read - I'm not really into the Sci-Fi that makes your brain hurt from the first page :P
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

It contains sentences like "The whole talk did not last more than 10 Gplancks of a-time" or "Our inclusions have just created the full Purgatory" or "He also consituted a reflection of primary manifestation and also did not surpass the conventional programs of speech and body". So yeah it does make your brain hurt.