DayMare Town Fan Artwork.

[¦||||
lost in subnet

Re: DayMare Town Fan Artwork.

Post by [¦|||| »

Last edited by [¦|||| on 05 Jun 2020 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Huh.
I know Sublevels antics can be consider 'cult like', but I didn't know the whole of the forum was cult like.
But that does explain how Markiplier got scared off after playing Submachine 1.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
[¦||||
lost in subnet

Post by [¦|||| »

Well, except that the administrator thinks of deleting my account even if I know that he already has a lot to do with the daily deletion of bots.
Thank you.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

@ "[":

This is getting a bit off-topic, but I feel I need to make an attempt to address some part of this. I'm hoping this is a translation issue, but I don't agree with using the word "cult" to describe what goes on here. That has a very specific meaning, and while we appreciate Mat's work, we don't hold him in a godlike position where we play teams for him on any specific issue.

You seem to have a problem with this forum "not representing the full range of Pastel artists", when this isn't really the case. I know previously that when we discussed your alterations to the forum banner art I talked about how the community that exists now is mainly focused on Mat's work specifically, but that was not to imply that is the only thing we care about. There are plenty of threads about all Pastel Games; no one really actively discusses them though. But that doesn't mean we don't encourage other people to post their own work. It definitely doesn't mean we don't appreciate what you're doing, so you don't have to worry about acceptance issues from us if you are. I for one think your project is really cool and think that your unique spin on the DayMare Town series is interesting.

If you're thinking about deleting your account because of being afraid of misunderstanding being resolved, I'd advise against it. We're here to be friendly to each other and always want to foster a nice environment to talk in. So don't let possible communication issues push you away, we want you here!

@WIQ (and a bit for "[" too):

I'm kinda surprised that you as a veteran member would pay credence to the idea that this forum is a cult, surely you have a more solid view than that. Sublevel is his own thing of course, we all know that.

But I have to point this out in particular: no, nothing here explains why Markiplier stopped playing Sub1. Nothing about how anyone here has acted can be shown to have influenced how Markiplier decided to treat the series. We've had this conversation before. It's been five years and the video has barely broken 1 million views. Baby numbers for Markiplier. Though some fans in his comments were very excited for him to continue the series, the numbers still weren't there. You can also tell in his own video that he had no special affection toward it when he was finished. There's no arguing this, but I'll spell it out again for the record.
[¦||||
lost in subnet

Post by [¦|||| »

@Jatsko
Yes I remember your intervention on this "cult" subject, and once again I quite agree with you but scalded cat fears cold water and I am now wary of worshiping a distinct person because very often I was either disappointed by the latter, or by the lack of openness of its community.

That makes "cucul la praline" I concede it but errors of judgments, values, etc ... is the lot of the thinker programmed by a binary software and also evolving in a binary world what makes human relationships complicated because of course the truth "if there is one" is often more complicated than this simple duality.
The human comedy.
All this to come to the fact that I do not judge the approach of this forum, just that my presence on the medium/long term is not viable and will be boring for everyone because overflowing with too much context focused on the work of Matt in addition to being very often awkward.

After the automatic translation really does not help a good understanding, I can only read English unfortunately and quiproquos are inevitable in this case.
I repeat to myself "one of my many faults", but good luck and stay all creative "artistically or philosophically speaking", the essence of the living.

(ps): thank you for the compliments that I return to you.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Streamed drawing this recently; it was a fun way to test out the drawing capabilities of Adobe Animate.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Awesome, Jatsko! Jusl like in DayMare Universe! ^^
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

If you told me this was made by Mateusz, I would have believed you. 😲
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐