- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Mapping The Submachine Network

Post by - ak - »

bender wrote:
WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:No, I'm not.

I'm thinking 5th Dimensionally.

official map of submachine?
I guess you haven't watched Interstellar yet.

Try to watch that movie with open mind. I did and came away both impressed and disappointed. Good movie with heap load of potentials undone by a strange third act.

So... 5th dimensionally... yes, yes that's more accurate way of how we can see Submachine (few looping sections actually bolster that fact... duh!!!).
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

There must be a way.
bender
wisdom crystal finder

Post by bender »

I watched the movie and I was kinda disappointed

My expectations were too high to be honest
Bender sucks
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Okay, What's wrong with it?
I watch it, I love it.
The story was good, the science made sense.
The "Ghost" was both funny at first, while making sense in the end.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote: The story was good, the science made sense.
No, the science didn't makes sense.

Well... the science during the first and second acts do make sense as they're most realistic portrayal of astrological science ever on screen and they're beautiful and entertaining to watch.

The strangeness of third act undone everything that the movie has built. It is like the movie asking you to forget everything you learned and go along with it. That's very jarring as everything that happened inside the black hole made no sense because... its a black hole! To me, it was Christopher Nolan trying to be like Kubrick without the logic that previously dictates the earlier sections of the film, which is the wrong move to make.

Before you argue, Kubrick succeed where Nolan failed actually lies in setting up the third act that doesn't ruins and ignores the logic that follow the previous acts. Kubrick demonstrated in 2001 over and over that the monolith has mysterious powers that failed to be explained by our meager intellect and this held true in the end when Bowman got transported by a monolith by Jupiter. Nolan only gave us little bits and pieces about a race somewhat guiding us to find a new future. All of this was explained away pretty easy as a predestination paradox in the third act and that took away the film's mystiques. The fact that everything happened in the third acts was no way bolstered by actual science and that ruined the film's foundation of strong astrological science.

Ironic considering that I don't enjoy 2001 that much, even though I do agree that it is a sci-fi masterpiece that still stood the test of time. Interstellar won't.

// End rant :P
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I agree. 2001, especially for its time, was awesome. Interstellar, however, ran into problems with the whole black hole thing. The thing with messing around with black holes is, well, they're black holes. Nearly everything is speculative about what goes on inside.
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Error_3113 wrote:I agree. 2001, especially for its time, was awesome. Interstellar, however, ran into problems with the whole black hole thing. The thing with messing around with black holes is, well, they're black holes. Nearly everything is speculative about what goes on inside.
Except most everyone agree that entering black hole would be crushed into infinitely tiny point, which would be death.

That's another criticism of the film when it asked us to ignore everything we scientifically know about black hole. I would have been fine with a wormhole since it literally takes you to far away location of universe. Or at least make the black hole give off very different readings than any other black holes, that would have set up a build up toward the oddity inside that black hole.

Good movies, a lot of potentials, fell short of them.

At least we will always have The Dark Knight and Inception, two of my most favorite movies of all time.

So... mapping the Submachine. Takes 5 dimensions, possibly.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

A perspective projection 3D to 2D of stereographic projection 4D to 3D of Schlegel diagram 5D to 4D of the 5-cube (or penteract)

Have fun figuring that out.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I can barely manage imagining 4D, imagining 5D is too much for me DX