BEAST (forum story) - Prologue chapter

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: BEAST (forum story) - Prologue chapter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote::O

Don't give up!

He told he's shadow? The only way to kill/hurt the shadow is LIGHT! And he's under lamp right now!

But... what the hell? Why there's 5 light switches? Oo

If each of them turns lights in rooms behind each door, then where is light switch for corridor?

----------
I know, probably, there is not any electricity... but maybe this monster is different and he can't make lights dead?

Edit: I'm stupid...

Ian is near EXIT DOOR, right? So...
HOW THE HELL LIGHT SWITCH CAN TURN ON THE LIGHTS OUTSIDE???

Command: Ian: Take all your bravery in your hands and ACTIVATE the nearest light switch!
at least try...

but before...

Tell monster you will say how you understood he's not real Elisa, if monster introduces himself. Who is he? And why Ian itself is here, trapped in darkness?
<there are two switches by each door, one for the inside and one for the hall lights. the main door ones are both for the hall :P >

NO! Ian won't give up that easily! He doesn't know how, but he will get out of that alive!

He notices the door switch. If there's a chance, he must take it!

<IAN>: I will answer your questions, if you answer mine first. Who ar...

<SHADOW ELISA>: I think you don't understand, boy. IT'S ME WHO MAKES QUESTIONS HERE. Either you answer my questions right now or you DIE. Understood?

It looks like Ian doesn't have other option but to play along, until the moment comes.

<IAN>: Okay... I knew it because you could see in complete darkness. I can see because I was exposed to the dark substance outside, I don't know how, but that gave me the ability.

<SHADOW ELISA>: I see... interesting. Which leads me to my second question: how did you manage to survive outside? You should have died there, humans can't breathe dark fog...

The monster is busy talking. Now is the chance! Ian quickly turns on both switches at once...

...it didn't work.

Fake Elisa starts to laugh funnily at Ian's failed attempt.

<SHADOW ELISA>: Hahahah, do you think I'm idiot or what? Of course I disabled every light emitting device in the house, what did your little human brain expect?

Ian just stares at her, crestfallen.

<SHADOW ELISA>: Besides, you can't kill a shadow with just light. It is only the contact with the source emitting light what harms us. But, ooh yeah, what a pity, your flashlight fell off in the balcony! And you have no other source of light. So you have NO ESCAPE now... You're a dead man.

Fuck... if he had known before... but now Ian's time is running out...

<SHADOW ELISA>: Now answer my questions and I promise your death will not be painful...
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

That smile... :shock:

Ok, first, there's something to raise the mood...
Fake Elisa
fake?
:roll:

(I do it to calm down myself...)

And second...

Ian: answer something to monster, and at the same time, secretly, take your phone and turn off Saver Mode to get REALLY GOOD LIGHT!

(Fool monster! He said us his weak point?
I hope it's not a new trap...)
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Sublevel 102 wrote: Ian: answer something to monster, and at the same time, secretly, take your phone and turn off Saver Mode to get REALLY GOOD LIGHT!
Then with the more powerful phone light, rush her and smack her with the lit screen of the phone!
Best scenario, she was right and Ian wins his first battle!
Worst scenario, GG.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

ShadowNiL wrote:worst scenario, GG.
< GG?
maybe GO? Game over? >
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That's right, his phone!!! It turns out that the monster is wrong after all... he still has a source of light.

The battery is at its limit, and he needs to put it at full power, but he prays that it will work... It is his last chance.

<IAN>: I don't know... It's the truth. I forgot to take protection when I was escaping, and that substance entered my lungs, I couldn't do anything to avoid it. I fell down unconscious, but then I was alive and on your... on Elisa's balcony. Later I realised that I could perceive the location and shape of objects without the light entering my eyes, and I guess that darkness has something to do with it, that's all. So yes, I don't know why I survived. I must be immune to it or something...

While he's talking, Ian manages to successfully turn on his phone and put it on maximum brightness. He hides it in his pocket, waiting for the right moment. The monster (or as it calls itself, the shadow) doesn't seem to notice, it is too distracted hearing the answer.

<SHADOW ELISA>: I suppose, but that's unheard of... Chrysana will be surely interested to know about this...

Ian smiles inwardly. The monster commited a mistake, probably thinking Ian is already dead and there would be no harm to share that knowledge. But now the tables have turned in favor of Ian (hopefully).

<SHADOW ELISA>: Now comes the third and last question: who's helping you?

Ian stays silent. The shadow starts to get darker, his right arm morphs into a blade! Ian knows that the time is nearing. If he is going to die, he is not going to die with his knees down, crying and pleading for his life. No. He will die trying.

<SHADOW ELISA>: Ha, you thought I wouldn't notice? You have an ally, someone called the home phone and there is noone that could have done that here. It is the only explanation.

Ian continues silent.

<SHADOW ELISA>: And well... are you gonna tell me already? Or are you trying to gain some time?

<IAN>: I will tell you...

<IAN>: ...in the other world!

<SHADOW ELISA>: WHAT THE...

Ian takes his phone out of his pocket, and, with all his strength, he throws it right at the eyes of the shadow. He then closes his eyes. It is the end... for one of the two.

<SHADOW ELISA>: NOOOOOAAAAAGGGHHGH... ITBURNS... ITBUUUUUUUUUUUU....

It works! YES!

As soon as the phone screen makes contact with the monster's head, it starts to rapidly dissolve it, eating through all of it, until there is nothing left. Fatally wounded, the decapitated shadow starts to violently convulse, evaporating into fog! Ian can't do nothing but stare at the scene in shock... the light of the phone somehow intensifies as it continues inexorably dissolving everything in its way, while the agonizing cries of the monster can still be heard.

In few seconds the monster disappears completely, leaving behind only some black smoke, broken glasses and Ian's phone.

Ian takes a deep breath of relief... he can't believe it... he killed the shadow? Is... is it finally over?

But...

...wait...

...suddenly the smoke has started to move!

It doesn't take long for Ian to understand what is happening. The shadow is trying to regenerate!!!

Ian hurries to pick up his phone, but... he doesn't know how much the battery will last! He is sure that this time he isn't gonna be so lucky... It's clear that he needs to get out of there before it's too late, but the main door is locked and he has to open it!
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

he doesn't know how much the battery will last
Ian: Look at screen? It has the same battery level?
Then: quickly pick up broken glasses (just in case) and try to unlock exit door with one of YOUR keys (well, it's just try...)

---------------
(if it doesn't work, I have another idea, but I will wait for next sequence)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
he doesn't know how much the battery will last
Ian: Look at screen? It has the same battery level?
Then: quickly pick up broken glasses (just in case) and try to unlock exit door with one of YOUR keys (well, it's just try...)

---------------
(if it doesn't work, I have another idea, but I will wait for next sequence)
Ian puts his phone in power saver mode again and looks at the battery level. It's about to die!

Then he gets the broken glasses...

... and tries to open the main door with the keys he has... no use. Not surprisingly, none of them works.

The shadow won't take much time to regenerate, he has to think of something else, and fast!
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ok...

HINGES

Ian: Try to take off door hinges with KNIFE.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:Ok...

HINGES

Ian: Try to take off door hinges with KNIFE.
Good idea! Ian tries to break the door hinges using the knife...

After some time, he manages to take the hinges down, but sadly in the process the knife bends and breaks, so it is unusable now. Ian kicks the door open. It's time to leave... the shadow is starting to slowly take its shape again.

He takes a peek outside... luckily there's not any visible dangerous creatures waiting for him outside. But he must be careful.

Without losing any time, he leaves the apartment, and runs to the stairs. The shadow might take some time to regenerate, but, as much as he would like to continue exploring around, Ian is afraid that his phone will die if he stays any more time inside. He needs to escape from that building, and he needs the phone on so that he can at least defend himself.

As he's running down the stairs, suddenly Ian's phone vibrates, making him almost jump startled. He goes to check, hoping it's not that the phone has shut down...

Wait... he received a message! :O

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Ian: Read the message?..
It can be important because it is the same familiar number!