BEAST forum story - discussion thread

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

BEAST forum story - discussion thread

Post by Vortex »

So I'm making this in analogy with other forum stories like A'LLUKIN, so you can discuss more freely without fear of clogging up the chapter threads.

I'll also be making a TL;DR image of this chapter for possible future people who want to join the story but don't feel like reading it all.

So, what did you think of this chapter? you can criticize all you want here. I'll try to correct it in the next chapters.

And of course, you can post your theories about what happened and what will happen (i think i left too many questions in the end, so you can't say you have no material XD)

Here are a few additional pieces of info to help get you started:

-Possession shadows are, if you can say so, the only "proper" shadows. that is, they are the shadows of something else, and they can't exist independently of that something for a long time, that's why they must find a body to possess before they disappear. They're very low in the hierarchy because they are completely mindless, they'll try to possess anything you put in front of them. There's only one known shadow that is "proper" and not a possession shadow, you will unfortunately meet it in the following chapters.

-The darkness/fog that covers the city is called Perpetual Night, and yeah, it's in part, but not entirely, due to xetroV's smoke.

-You missed a few things in Ian's uncles' apartment. but don't worry, you will have the chance to explore it again, though not in the form you might think ;)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: BEAST (forum story) - discussion thread

Post by Sublevel 113 »

-END OF CHAPTER-

discussion thread
first...

O_O

second...

What
the
hell
happened in two last sequences???

-----------------------------

Now what I want to say...

That was great, man! :D
thank you. I got awesome feelings when I read it!
Two times - when we heard sound before first shadow appeared, and at the end, at moment with that bird, I DID get scared!

Do you want some critique? Well...
1) Ok, maybe it is just my personal wishes, but... I disliked only one moment in story: first monster meeting. How normal human can meet BIG F*CKING MONSTER FROM THE HELL and doesn't fear at all? And does write on the walls funny messages when it is almost entered the room? Oo
2) and about plot information you wrote in post above... I think you wrote too much... spoilers. And it is just Prologue chapter!

Also, my wishes:
1) MORE PUZZLES!!! And less FIGHTS against monsters.

And the last...

*applauses*
when will next chapter come? :D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
-END OF CHAPTER-

discussion thread
first...

O_O

second...

What
the
hell
happened in two last sequences???
:mrgreen:
Sublevel 102 wrote:Now what I want to say...

That was great, man! :D
thank you. I got awesome feelings when I read it!
Two times - when we heard sound before first shadow appeared, and at the end, at moment with that bird, I DID get scared!
thanks, I'm very happy that you liked it!

for me, getting to scare you is already a huge achievement :) I didn't even intend it with the eagle's sequence, lol. i hope that means i'm getting better at drawing XD
Sublevel 102 wrote:Do you want some critique? Well...
1) Ok, maybe it is just my personal wishes, but... I disliked only one moment in story: first monster meeting. How normal human can meet BIG F*CKING MONSTER FROM THE HELL and doesn't fear at all? And does write on the walls funny messages when it is almost entered the room? Oo
2) and about plot information you wrote in post above... I think you wrote too much... spoilers. And it is just Prologue chapter!

Also, my wishes:
1) MORE PUZZLES!!! And less FIGHTS against monsters.
1) I understand... I did mean to show that Ian was very scared, but I guess I didn't convey it well. I'm not very satisfied with that first encounter either, in my head it played another way, I think it's partly because of my lack of skills in animating action sequences... About the message on the wall, well, it was a command I liked, I can rationalize it saying that it was for Ian to release some tension, but I understand why you don't like it, I agree that it doesn't look very realistic.

2) But I'm just scratching the surface... XD
I won't say much more anyways, you guys are too smart and I'm afraid of revealing too much.

About your wishes, don't worry, I'm planning to make many more puzzles (and more difficult ones) in next chapter. And about the fights, there will be, but you will have to be much more careful and tactician, because I have decided just now that characters CAN die because of the wrong commands.
Sublevel 102 wrote:And the last...

*applauses*
when will next chapter come? :D
I don't really know, because I haven't done many scenes yet, but it could come as soon as in two weeks or even next week :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

can't wait! :D
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Sublevel 102 wrote:I understand everything now...

IAN IS WHO LEFT THAT NOTE
IAN IS WHO SENT MESSAGE WITH MORSE CODE
IAN HAS MET ELISA'S SON

:O
You missed a few things in Ian's uncles' apartment. but don't worry, you will have the chance to explore it again, though not in the form you might think
I think it's connected...
:)

well, I will continue to theorize after next chapter starts.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

So xetroV is main antagonist?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

perhaps. perhaps not.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

So if xetroV is that powerfull in BEAST, why he is to easy to beat in PF?
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
ShadowNiL
subnet technician

Post by ShadowNiL »

Again. M is Ian's uncle.

Also, the bird statue at the end of Prologue chapter... any relation to the second panel of the Prologue? You know... THIS ONE?!
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

ENIHCAMBUS wrote:So if xetroV is that powerfull in BEAST, why he is to easy to beat in PF?
there's a reason :mrgreen: I think I actually hinted about it somewhere, but I won't say it again XD
ShadowNiL wrote: the bird statue at the end of Prologue chapter... any relation to the second panel of the Prologue? You know... THIS ONE?!
Yes! good catch! :)