Search, forum game by LoF

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Search, forum game by LoF

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Type: Engineer (Military?)
Name: Knowlegde.

Quick Question, I read all post thoroughly, just making sure there is no Military Engineer.
If not, can I trade my pistol for a bolt action rifle?

If too picky on details, I'll go with just Plain Engineer.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

I would allow much more customization... But there is only one character, so it wouldn't make much sense.
1. Ulysses 2
Knowlegde 1
Odie 1
2. Engineer 4
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

How many votes do we need?
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Post by Lord of Flies »

We don't need votes, we need time.
Lord of Flies
subbot maintenance

Round 1

Post by Lord of Flies »

Once again you spent nighttime thinking about your long lost childhood. Survivors weren't creating families, but there was a person that acted as your father and mother. Your trainer. He gave you a name, when at the age of 14 you passed ceremony of becoming a man and dropped using an identification number. The name was Ulysses, and you were told it was taken from an old book. "It's because we are all nomads". He said. You don't really know what that means, as for the last 30 years your people stopped caring about the past and concentrated on survival. Your trainer was one of the last people aware of the shape of the world before Submachine, but he has never passed this knowledge to anyone. He instead trained you in the art of technic and informatics, as well as to a lesser degree combat. You were both what he called "introverts" and you never really felt like part of the group. It was not a big problem for you to start your job. And you didn't fall into despair when they disappeared...
-------
Your sad meditation was abruptly cut short by an untypical noise, made by the device searching for any form of wireless communication. It printed long stream of random symbols and a few sensible ones. " lp SOSOSOSOS helphe..." Then it stopped. Silence. You tried every way of sending a reply, but none answered. Microwaves, radio waves, lasers... everything was useless. Message came from an old abandoned Voidship, that remained cut off from the rest of the Net since... probably year 100, counting from the last DefSys shutdown, times that even your trainer, his master, or master of his master couldn't remember. Absurdly long time ago, when something called DefSys still existed, and meant more than just a symbol on mechanisms, or world repeating in every program.
You know you have to access this ship, but it's not going to be easy.
You can:
a) Go to other, much older, ship, with coordinates of 800 and hope to use it to travel to your destination. Only problem being, that it's taken over by SubBots.
b) Go to the Winter Palace, that served as a dock for Voidships and use one of it's capsules. They're probably long broken, and incapable of going where you need... But you can't reject any possibility.
c) Out of desperation go to opposite faction barracks and negotiate with those people. They are known to use advanced technology.

-----
Vote for one of these ways.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Hey, this looks pretty cool! :D

I choose b.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

b

:D
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

I choose b) too!
Vurn
subnet traveller

Post by Vurn »

a) i wanna see em subbots
TT: I guess one could use those words to describe it.
TT: If armed with a predilection for the inapt.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Code: Select all

Command_impute+vote:\option\b).
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING