Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Memories about Submachine...

Post by Sublevel 113 »

what can we do...
create a thread, maybe?
:D

-------------------------------
Purpose for this thread is to give you a chance to wake your memories of your first playground of specific submachine game, and tell us them! :D

maybe we can also tell about all Pastel-Mateusz games as well. :)

-------------------------
Here's pattern:
Question:
What did you feel when you heard Scary sound, and discovered HIS tomb.
Murtaugh's tomb.
When I heard this sound, I was scared.
Then I started to feel I discovered something VERY important.
And after seconds, when game said "Tomb of Murtauh", I... I...
It was my biggest shock.
Even bigger than moment when I read "your adventure ends here. bye" message...

I entered the tomb only after few minutes had passed
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 06 Apr 2015 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Memories about Submachine...

Post by Jatsko »

Sublevel wrote:what can we do...
create a thread, maybe?
:D
Question:
What did you feel when you heard Scary sound, and discovered HIS tomb?
Murtaugh's tomb?
Luckily for me, I got it perfect and read the message and then comprehended it at the EXACT SAME MOMENT at the "Scare" audio's start. It definitely sent some shocks through me (ousting the moment when I discovered the completely stripped map in Level 9).

However, I was almost even more shocked when Liz's tomb cropped up. (though I really should have had a better grip of the duality situation by then)
Even though Mur was a very controversial figure, I still felt comforted when hearing references to him made in notes in Sub7 and Sub8. When he died, I looked to Liz's hope of existence for a source of familiarity. But when I discovered her tomb, it was worse because the one true person I knew to be good in the Submachine world was also gone.

(noticing a typical theme here of losing things that happen to be most important to us?)

---

As Supreme Lord of SubPosts, will you be coordinating all the proposed questions?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Error_3113 wrote:As Supreme Lord of SubPosts
lol :D

but I think everyone can post question (of course after people answer on previous question)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I will wait for more answers

I am determined to become Master of Thoughtful Discussions on Personal Feelings and Emotions

nuff said
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

When I first saw his tomb sign outside his tomb, and again open his sarcophagus,
*GASP*
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I know! First existence of someone beside us!

(at least, that's what we're going with right now)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:When I first saw his tomb sign outside his tomb, and again open his sarcophagus,
*GASP*
more details, please? :)

how long time was your gasp continuing?
What did you think about at that moment?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

When I read "tomb of Murtaugh" what I thought was "oooooooh shit...", and all the time I had that kind of surprised smirk when you know what you're seeing but you've not yet fully assimilated it. Then I thought random things like "this time Mateusz played well on us" (not sure that's proper English XD) and "the forum is gonna be boiling with this". But those thoughts happened very quickly, like in one or two seconds. Then I saw the tomb and I almost jumped out of my chair, even though I expected it already.

I know I probably should have felt frightened, or sad, or more elaborate emotions, but that's what I felt, just surprise (and a little scare).
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

(How i found to Submachine:
It was near the end of 2012, I was a bored kid and wanted to play a game that is set on mars (who knows why). So, I typed something like "Mission to Mars" and found Matuesz's Platformer game with this name. I right-clicked on it by accident so that the game information showed up, along with Subgod's name. Led by some instinct, I wanted to find out more about his games and ended up on his website, where the then-new Sub8 got advertised a lot. Wanting to see what the fuzz is about, I played it and when I reached the first layer puzzle -where you have to rotate this wheel- I thought it was very incredibly clever. Because i didn't understand anything about the setting and the people in the comments were talking about "Murtaugh" and "Elizabeth" and Einstein, I decided to stop and play the first installment. The atmosphere almost drove me to tears and it was an incredible experience I thought I would never forget.
Annnd then, I forgot about it (probably just had something else on my mind). But approximately six months later, I suddenly thought about going on with that special game series I found some time ago. Sub2 knocked my socks off so much that I, finally, got entirely intrigued.)

Some memories:
- At the end of Sub2, I was totally stuck because of that e=mc^2 puzzle. After some time of exploring the lighthouse and trying different codes, I decided to get a hint- and while the walkthrough page was still loading, the link between Einstein and the two letters suddenly seemed so clear to me. Such a great feeling.
- It took me a quarter of an hour to understand that you can put the coordinates into the lab's portal. :|
- I found the serene mood of Sub7's winter palace very confusing when I first experienced it.
The net is vast and infinite
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I feel proud that i figured out the e=mc^2 puzzle quickly :D

but then there were a couple loop puzzles that I was stuck on for the longest time

and unfortunately i wasn't as invested in room escape games when I played Subs 1-5, so I used walkthroughs more often :(