somewhat Submachine-related topic yo [ Markiplier ]

ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

somewhat Submachine-related topic yo [ Markiplier ]

Post by ThunderDasher »

also hello everybody, I am sort of back maybe

I'm making this obviously important thread because we're very likely to see a horde of new members from now on. You'd expect that to happen when a very famous Youtuber with well over 7 million subscribers does a video on Submachine.

So yeah, Markiplier started a Submachine series and I just had a heart attack when I saw the video on my phone's feed. While that's good on itself, I do believe we should be ready to receive way more people in the coming days.

The issue is that the Submachine series, on itself, is quite serious; there are not many memes, no MLG jokes, no x360noscope. This wave of new Sub players are likely to be *those* sort of people, and I'm a bit wary of that. We'll have to do our best to keep the community on a right state, because a good bit of Mark's fanbase is of the 13-years-old kind (Though I do believe the ones that would be interested in Submachine are of the more mature type of 13-years-old, heh).

Another thing is that since Mark has never played the Sub before, he's very likely to do some mistakes and have a wrong or faulty interpretation of some stuff going on the Sub - in the first episodee (Basement) he reads Mur's letter with the goofy weird sort of voice, which instantly trriggered an alarm on my head. If he keeps this up through the games (even though I believe he'll stop doing that as the plot thickens), those who come in are also likely to have this goofy attitude towards Sub stuff - and I ain't talking about our usual jokes, but the straight moron-like goofiness. In this regard, I wish we could contact Mark in some way, so that we may explain that playing the Sub games is a matter of actually thinking about what you see and live, not just joking it through.

Or I may just be overthinking all of this and you may well ignore all this stuff but anyways hello everybody I'm also sort of back again
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Re: somewhat Submachine-related topic yo

Post by Anonymous2 »

You could contact him and give him information on our community, for those interested. Links to our wiki and forum. Its nice of him to do a LP on the submachine games :)

Plus with Sub10 right around the corner yeah, there's definitely going to be a lot of people coming.

Regarding memes, we do have a few, my comic I'm working on has a few, and I plan on adding more (anyone remember the popcorn machine?) you can view the comic, its Pastel Land Comic, quite funny.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

I'm a subscriber of his ever since early 2013, and I would be more than gald to give him some hints... but how in the world are we supposed to get the message up to a guy with over 7 million other people, most of those almost always sending him messages? lol

YouTube comments are ruled out; there's way too many comments down there are Mark rarely if ever answers people, since it's a chaotic mess sometimes (not to mention virus ad bots!). I'm not familiar with YouTube's private message system (It's what happens when you don't have a proper channel and only use YT to subscribe and keep a video feed :P), and I'm not sure if he's got an email he constantly reads, too. But I do believe the issue is *getting* the message to him, since he's the kind of guy who would understand the situation.

And he should definitely play Daymare Town too. I'm curious to see if I'm the only one who got spooked in some parts of the series (DT1 Librarian popping up in the butcher room, random people popping on windows in DT2). God save him if he goes for DT4, that game took me almost three hours before I resorted to a walkthrough, it's just so massive ._.

In any case, give it one week before some new members start popping up.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

His PM system he will get an email sent to his Gmail telling him he has a new message on YouTube its all connected to G+ I sent him a message introducing myself and ourselves and gave him links. Not sure if he will ever get it though, this guy is an internet fame guy and he probably gets tons and tons of messages per day.

He even has his own wiki!

http://markiplier.wikia.com/wiki/Markiplier

Edit: Wonder if we could get Mateusz to tweet him... Think about that, having the developer tweet you, that's an awesome feeling right there :)
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Omg Markiplier/ this video is so popular, it already got 6000 likes!
I'm really curious about what is going to happen now. Will the number of Submachine fans rise significantly? How will such a wide audience rate such a super special game series? How many of them will find the forum? How many of them are "lel I just play it because some youtuber did"-kiddies? May Submachine become a super Indie hit now?! Will Mateusz become extremely rich and spit out 5 games a day out of pure gratefulness for his new wealth?!?
QUESTIONS
The net is vast and infinite
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

well that's big guy on Youtube...

he said many people asked him to play this?
cool :D

well, that definitely wasn't atmospheric gameplay...
much goofy and pun

I glad he noticed that last "footstep of not freedom" that was added only in HD version. :3

Edit:

I think Submachine ALREADY was big hit. :D

it was even before Mark made this letsplay.

he plays it after big number of people asked him, right? :)
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 13 Jun 2015 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

*implying Markiplier's popularity is too small to have an effect on Sub*

He may not be Pewds, but he's enough to give some unkown games more popularity. I'm not saying Mateusz will get rich from now on, but I'm more worried about the incoming new members. There will be, not doubt of it.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

But our forum is no longer connected to Mateusz domain, I can only see an incresing number of Mateusz fans.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wait wait

O_O

but these bugs and distortions in Sub2 HD and other HD subs...

he will play it...

I hope he will play browser SD versions
RoentgenDevice
subnet notes finder

Post by RoentgenDevice »

Sublevel 104 wrote:
I think Submachine ALREADY was big hit. :D

it was even before Mark made this letsplay.

he plays it after big number of people asked him, right? :)
Yes I guess it is one, actually. But I still want to see large gaming magazines like Kotaku rave about it. ;)
The net is vast and infinite