karma portal traveller

Re: somewhat Submachine-related topic yo

Post by Jatsko »

Shush
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

After not-even-Subgod-remembers-how-many years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the weight.
*includes Day 1 DLC*
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

'Markimoo' is done playing Kholat

Will he return to our beloved series now?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Seems like other Youtubers are still hopeful that Mark will return to the series. Not everyone has given up! Two people commented on "The End of Us" and "The Evil Within Consequence DLC 4".

(don't worry, I won't go crazy this time)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Two weeks after my apology, I gave it a second try:
Elli3 wrote:Hey Markiplier,

Wow, you must have a ton of fanmail. I don't know how much is a lot, but almost two weeks of waiting to hear from you must mean you're a busy man. (And it shows how popular you are!) Either way I'm writing to try again and see if I can convince you to play the Submachine series. My previous email was mostly an apology for my overreaction and impatience when you played Submachine 1, and this email will be a clean persuasion.

I don't know if you noticed, but after posting that video, Submachine fans went crazy in the comment section. I know you say "Let me know what you think in the comments below", and if you sift through enough comments about 9/11 and "Spooning with Markimoo" on that video, you will see that you made a lot of people's day. The Submachine fan group is, as I've said earlier, a cult following. We (and again, I'm not formally representing anything other than the opinions of what I believe to be a substantial group of people) are glad you recognized the first game, but we are desperately waiting for the second: The Lighthouse.

As I said previous, Mateusz Skutnik - the series creator - originally made Submachine 1 to be a standalone game. But the series has evolved into so much more. It has the controls and handling of Deep Sleep, the uneasiness of The Evil Within, the darkness of Neverending Nightmare, and a very developed plot based off of false/multiple realities, madness, lost explorers, and mmuch more, all bundled up in a simple point n, click method that's easy to master.

Submachine draws its inspirations from the classics of room escape games and surpasses them in many aspects. It surpasses the graphics of Crimson Room and AfroNinja easily. While not quite stepping up to the horror level of Deep Sleep, it certainly introduces some intimidating concepts. The graphics are not 3-dimensional like NeutralXE's games, but it easily creates a mood of abandonment and loneliness. Every game has something different to offer, but the story is still flawlessly tied together, while still managing to serve plenty of mindfucks and moments of revelation. I'd say it's perfect for a reactionary YouTuber such as yourself.

Mark, I would not say these words if they were not absolutely true. I know room escape is not a genre you touch on, if at all. I know the series doesn't have the same appeal as FNAF or Drunk Minecraft or other long works that your community has built itself upon. But it really is the top of its field. This series has been a ten year project crafted from the best developer in its genre. By continuing the series, and really getting the story underway, you will please a widespread and devoted fanbase. You could really work wonders for this series, and I suggest you give it another try!

Sincerely,

(Elli3)
Did I miss anything?
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

You forgot "SUBMACHINE: See where it takes you" :P
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
SaintJon
lost in subnet

Post by SaintJon »

oh god.... submachine memes.... pls.. no...

Submachine 360 no scope 420 blaze it edition? forget about submachine 10, I wanna see that!
Ive been on the forums since it was Pastel Forums. Just changed usernames. Just a long time lurker here...
collinbollin
subbot maintenance

Post by collinbollin »

Who wants to make a submachine montage, like go in the root and do the 3d puzzle "oh baby a triple!"
*takes a shot of karmic water* who's ready for some submachine
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Better suggest these ideas to Mat

Submachine 360: No Scope 420 Blaze It
Submachine: 34 Chambers ;)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

With each day that passes by it seems less likely that Markiplier's going to continue the series. Remember we wondered what would happen to his subscribers' reactions to the video? Well, if you sift through enough comments about 9/11 and spooning with Markimoo you'll see that a few people were pleased. But other than that...

But what about Game Theorists?

I mean, it's not like we have a shortage of theories for MatPat to draw from or anything.