Submachine 10: the Exit

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Re: Submachine 10: the Exit

Post by Sublevel 113 »

also: if 8th layer is layer of time aka light, that freely moves through different layers, then why there's all these submachine structures? Docks, gardens, etc?
Last edited by Sublevel 113 on 05 Jan 2016 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Well, I can't think of any reason there wouldn't be. If the 8th layer floats above all other layers, it could absorb things from them, like parts of the Core.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh ok
I understand...

also, I meant that structure with St. Christopher, not Northern Garden. Or wait, that still could be not Layer 8...

Also, if I'm right, Shiva is on Layer 5. And that's that important thing that is on Layer 5.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

It's possible, good catch! :D
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Actually, Vortex, I was referring to the intro. In the background we can see a pulsing beam of white light that seems to be going in the same direction we are, a little bit in front of us. Maybe it means something special..

@Sublevel: Couldn't the important thing in Layer 5 be the gate in the Water Pantheon?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

yes, it can

but I think Shiva is more important
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Jatsko wrote:Actually, Vortex, I was referring to the intro. In the background we can see a pulsing beam of white light that seems to be going in the same direction we are, a little bit in front of us. Maybe it means something special...
Oh, wow, I didn't notice it before :o
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Well, to resolve this, we'll have to ask Mateusz if the I and O combinations refer to binary or not.

And Vortex, I was thinking that maybe we, the player, causes the light in Sub10 in Layer 8.

But why don't we see it in OOO, you ask?

A choice by Mateusz. Having streaks of light across the screen would be distracting while we were looking for items and notes. Maybe...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Jatsko wrote:Well, to resolve this, we'll have to ask Mateusz if the I and O combinations refer to binary or not.
Mateusz is aware that this is binary, in the sense that each coordinate comprises two states:
Mateusz Skutnik wrote:When I counted all possible combinations of a 3 boolean-button system
But binary code doesn't necessarily mean binary numbers. Sublevel's order is a modified form of reverse lexicographical order, which is fine because it's what most non-informatically inclined players would intuitively try first: starting first from left to right, then trying two buttons, then three buttons.

EDIT:
Jatsko wrote:I was thinking that maybe we, the player, causes the light in Sub10 in Layer 8.

But why don't we see it in OOO, you ask?

A choice by Mateusz. Having streaks of light across the screen would be distracting while we were looking for items and notes. Maybe...
Hmm, maybe. That makes sense.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

It makes some sort of sense, but it's far fetched :/