Submachine: Transcripts (by Jatsko)

Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine: HYPNA (by Jatsko)

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 21/32 wrote: -Do you understand what you're doing?

-Yes. I'm saving us.

-No. You're not. You're crushing a soul that has been misunderstood by everyone. You've never understood him either. He's not in it to be powerful, like you think. He's in it for the science. For the exploration. He doesn't want to wield its power unless it helps him explore. Don't you see? He doesn't want to go against you or anyone else. But your efforts to crush him are making him anxious.

-Why are you so sure that's what he's thinking? How special to him do you think you really are?

-I know I am, and I'm not afraid to admit it. At least he listens to me.

-Then why did he abandon you?

-Come on, answer if you're so sure.

-That's what I thought. Commander, you have my go-ahead-

-STOP! You cannot do this. What do you hope to gain? He has been blessed with an incredible talent. Why are you trying to kill him?

-He's not safe. There's nothing more we can do. Connecticut has already been evacuated. There's nothing more I can do, you hear?

-You will pay for this. We all will. You're making a big mistake.

-Start the procedure, Commander.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 22/32 wrote:

-No, no, stop. Stop. This isn't right.

-What? Why? Is something wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

-NO! No. Don't worry. It's just...I don't know. I lost the feeling.

[sigh]

-You're sure I didn't do anything?

-Yes. I just...it just hit me where we are. What's been going on. It doesn't...feel right.

[sigh]

-I'm sorry, Trish. I wanted to keep going too. But I just realized what we're really into here. How much shit's going on, how much-

[choked gasp]

-I know. It's ok...I'm here for you. You got that? That's why we're here. For each other.

[sniffs, choked sobs]

-Babe, come here. Let me hold you.

[wavering sigh]

-I know...god,I'm a mess-damn it-

-It's ok.

-All this time I just thought - I thought...if I could just put on a brave f-face for a c-couple of days then we'd - we'd be able to get out of this ok-k-kay.

[loud sniff]

-And I was trying to be s-s-so...reassuring to you because - because I thought you needed it since all that, all that shit happened to you recently, and I-I just didn't know what to think. I'm sorry, Trish. I'm sorry you have to see me like this. And now...just with all these...memories just being lost, I don't - I don't know what to hold on to anymore...

-It's ok. I've got you. I've felt it, and cried too. When we stayed in the first library, remember that night? I woke up in the middle of the night and had to cry. Don't feel bad. I'm here for you. Just remember that, ok?

-Ok.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 23/32 wrote:
[loud explosion]

[shuffling, footsteps, clangs of metal.]

-Who, in the HELL, are you?

-I - what...Who -

-Tell me who you are. Now. Or you're going to find this crowbar in a nasty spot.

-My-my name is Ryan. Ryan.

-How did you get here, Ryan? Do you understand where you are?

-I - yes. I'm inside.

-That's the thing, pretty boy. Why ARE you inside? This place is supposed to be sealed off. Did you know out the turrets? My FUCKING turrets?

-Oh come on, don't black out on me. Come on. Wake up.

[heavy breathing]

-Stop...stop yelling at me. I don't know...what turrets you're talking about. I was sent here...from the Coalition.

-What coalition?

[heavy breathing]

-...The European Coalition?...don't you know?

-I don't know of any fucking European Coalition. Give me straight answers. What the fuck are you wearing?

-It's a basic protection suit- GOD [rasping] let..me talk!

-You TOOK that suit from three-oh-seven, didn't you, you slick bastard.

-NO! No, I swear - they gave it to me. They said...it was from the original stockpile...after Murtaugh came here and saved the survivors-

-What did you say? Murtaugh?

-How do you know that name?

-He's the one behind all this. The President of the Coalition. Or at least, the guy behind the President of the Coalition. No one knows where he is.

-You're damn right. I know that much better than you.

-Oh yeah? Why don't you remove the fucking crowbar from my throat and we'll talk. When did you last see him?

-[sigh] Nobody's seen him. And you must be mad. Murtaugh is dead. I saw his tomb.

-That's impossible. He just gave me the order for me to be sent here. He brought the last stockpile of goods a few weeks ago. Then he sent me here.

-Why?

-To help find the others.

-What...others? Wait...

-What?

-When was this project started?

-Three weeks ago.

-Three weeks ago WHEN?

-You mean like month?

-Year.

-I don't-

[clang of metal]

-YEAR!

-...twenty seventy eight.

[soft shuffling]

-I can't believe it. You're him.

-Who?

-The Needle. Is your name Ryan?

-Yeah. What's yours?

-You have more important things to worry about than my name, Ryan. I know who you are.

-How?

-I just do. And I know something else.

-What?

-You're going to die.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 24/32 wrote:
bot ID 41-57-99-91

maintenance round 19661

757 two carbon forms [human] discovered
previously terminated via [#065.turret]
appx. 02hr wait before discovery

disposal procedures completed
extra maintenance>initiating...

completed.

awaiting next task
repeat
//------

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr9
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 25/32 wrote: -Who is he?

-It doesn't matter. He won't talk to the Gate. We can't let him in.

-Don't you think we should send someone out there to talk to him? Maybe he'll respond better if it's a human talking to him? Then we'll decide what to do with him.

-You know the rules. We cannot let anyone in unless we know who the person is.

-He will die out there when night comes.

-That's not our problem.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 26/32 wrote: ...

-What?

-Hm?

-You're looking at me. And it looked like you were going to say something.

-Um...no, I don't think so.

-What, is your book not interesting enough or something? Find another one; we have plenty.

-Hey Mr. Sassy, my book is fine, thanks. It's not even a book.

-What is it?

-A comic book.

-Oh cool, let me see.

[scraping of chair]

-I don't know what that says. What is it, Russian or something?

-Uh, no? Clearly Polish.

-You can't read Polish, can you?

-I don't need to. There's enough expression in the characters themselves to figure out what's going on.

-Hm. Interesting.

-I still swear you were staring at me.

-Shush.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 27/32 wrote: -Oh god.

[vomiting]

-We're definitely not staying here. Turn around.

-Wait, I want to see who these people are. And do you notice where we are?

-Wait...yeah. God this stench is unbearable.

-You know what? Have some respect. It's not their fucking fault.

-So...why are we underwater? This doesn't make-oh, sorry, Denise.

-Oh shit, she's right. Look.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 28/32 wrote: -Really, at that point we were just going about it hit-and-miss. Once we found our first success, we branched out from there.

-I would imagine that, given the nature of the discovery, more than one complete shot in the dark had to be made along the way!

-Several were made, more than I can be proud to admit. It turned out not to be a very "scientific" discovery in the end. But we figured it out, and now we are continuously refining the process to build larger and more complex schemes.

-And of course this is the crowning achievement of the past few years, what with all the scientific encounters we have had. And an Irishman at the helm!

-I suppose you could say that.

-Indeed, the whole world has been shocked with these events! And now, a thing of magic almost. Buildings floating im mid-air, held together by pure energy! Tell me, Henry, where do you think the world will go now, after realizing what you and your team are capable of?

-Well, I'll tell you something, Mr. Barnes. Because of the knowledge, even wisdom, that this machine we speak of holds, it makes me feel a lot smaller as a person in the grand scheme of things.

-Oh? How so?

-Well, my friends, my family, even the papers have all been saying the same thing: how our worldwide population has been at the front of these scientific processes. But they almost seem to forget in the process where this karma energy came from. And while it may have come from us as a species, it didn't come from "us", the people we know and love today. This energy has existed for far longer than we have, and simultaneously before and after our time. The Machine has opened up realities we've never known and fully split the illusion of time into a million different pieces. Who's to say we have any better claim over this discovery than another reality?

-But...but surely-

-Who's to say we didn't make the discovery before the young man sitting beside us right now, who traveled to an unseen dimension and came back a ghost? Or the young woman who hasn't been born yet? We don't know if he's here and just in another reality, or if she's off solving the mystery for the first time.

-But that doesn't make sense. You found it. Therefore it's our world's prize.

-Not even close. No one has bothered to understand that time and space are now illusions. We were handed one copy. An infinite amount exist. And until we stop being so narrow-minded, we will always be in the dark.
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 29/32 wrote: She closed the door quietly, a small smile on her face. L was a calming and reassuring woman, as always.

Now, the girl thought of the task before her and how she didn't even know where to start. It was a goal that no one of her time would even think about, because they all had it solved for them the moment they were born.

Even some of "the company" figured it out early on, while they still could. Before the Void distracted them and drained their memories, their consciousness. They figured out the answer to the problem and wore it proudly on their chests and in their minds.

She had seen the suits. Some tattered, others brand new. All were labeled differently, but yet all were the same. Each name was nonsense. A jumble of words and numbers that only existed to keep track of the subjects in a long list with an infinite amount of pages.

Again, she marveled at the duality of the Machine, how it accepted and rejected so many humans all at once. And it did both very efficiently. She had seen the endless beds and sinks. She had seen the ground beneath the turrets too.

Working each thread loose from her chest pocket of her suit, the name tag fell to the ground, almost immediately swept away by the sand. She felt naked, without a name that wasn't even hers. She knew that now.

And her task still lay ahead of her. L had provided her a book of suggestions. Old colleagues, friends, and family that L had once known.

The girl felt fur around her feet and looked down to see the silky black cat intertwining itself in her legs as she stood in the sand. She reached down and picked him up, brushing the sand off his paws.

"I need a name, Einstein. Do you want to help me choose one?"
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Transcript 30/32 wrote: One moment, she was inside the steel walls of the lighthouse. The next, she dropped to her hands and knees in a haze of sand.

The last remnants of her pink notepad, only a scrap of cardboard backing now, were torn out of her grip by the sudden gusts that threatened to blind her with a deluge of sand. She shielded her eyes until the wind died down and got a chance to look around.

At first glance, she saw nothing except for sand. The sheer bleakness made her want to crawl back inside the lighthouse and never come out. It wasn't fair. After weeks of feeling helpless and sending notes into the eternal darkness, she was greeted with nothing except for sand.

She had learned a lot in those weeks. She had started out as a teen anxious to rediscover herself and escape the madness that the Submachine was. Then as it took its toll on her brain and body she was forced to dive into life's deeper questions, answers, and ideas. She was now a maturing woman. The more she progressed, the more confident she had felt. No one came to her aid, but she didn't need it in the end. Until now.

It wasn't fair.

In her lamenting, through the tears of frustration, she glimpsed a small light in the distance. She made out the three triangles in the far distance, pyramids of yet another lost age. At this point she had no chance of being surprised at what she would find next.

She picked herself up and began to walk.