Re: Suggestions and Ideas for Submachine: The Legacy

Post by Kaly_Ths »

That's sweet
I certainly could, and eventually I will
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Interested to see what he does now that he can approach this series for the first time knowing the entire story beforehand.
Kaly_Ths
subbot maintenance

Post by Kaly_Ths »

Will the notes/lore material change? Or will there be new parts of locations the players will visit?

Will there be extra spots with worldbuilding explanatory content like for example the portal secret location in the edge?

The plot seems easy to follow through, the thing missing was the details of how things happened. So, I hope we get more clear information inside the game like the ones we got in that big stream QnA maybe.
I certainly could, and eventually I will
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I feel that, with Matt responding in the way he did... I mean, I could write a new list, of things he promised and things he wont do... But the livestream is 3 hours and I don't think it is worth watching and spending all the time making a new one. I don't want to hold what he said there against him, if he decides to not follow up on something. Does anyone disagree with me here?
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

I had to do it... I had to update the list. Matt did a 3 hour livestream come on, had to do it. Either way peeps; here is the new list:
-If I update this list another time, it will be moved.
-AS is: All Submachines. So it counts for all games.
-21/04/2021: Perhaps I need to bring the ones of Kaly into it as well but yeah, I did it! After I do that, there will actually be a move of the list to a new post, where I will try and follow what Matt has added to the next games already except for flavor lines.

Done:

AS: Add 5 cursors.
AS: No lag and 60fps.
S1: Retouching graphics.
S1: ISubmachine puzzle.
S1:Replace the Lighthouse picture with the inktober picture.
S2: Negative and Positive coils logic fix.
S1: Lighthouse picture replaced with ink pictures.

Confirmed changes:

AS: Release of a OST DLC
AS: Add a Submachine World Layout with the lines as long as the room count and have a blue dot representing the player that moved like in Submachine 7.
AS: Have thumpmonks redo all the sound.
AS:New code, making the old flash bugs dissapear.
AS: Removal of all menu sounds.
AS: A consistent journal. (Dont know what Matt ment but it's in the livestream so I had to add it)
S3: Removal of the Submachine 3 passwords.
S32: Retouch the traced walls in Submachine 32.

Ideas on the fence and not specifically said will be done:

AS: Unlocking older versions, not confirmed which yet.
AS: Reimagine/replace the secrets and redefine what they are, should be and have the secret location on the main menu.
AS: 0, FLF and 32 added on the main menu or have 0, FLF and 32 be locations added to the games in the legacy. Like Sub 5 gets 0 and 9 gets FLF for example.
AS: Add labels to the keys.
AS: Make the Submachine Handdrawn Notes Project, optional.
AS: Redraw notes-pictures (because they were drawn for 400x400 format
AS: Including a location map for the locations you have already seen. (you - portals - karmic portal)
AS: No make your own notes anymore.
AS: Any change made from Submachine 1-9, Sub1 and Sub4's basement, Sub3 and Sub4's loop area, Sub0 and Sub5's ancient temple, and Sub2 and Sub5's lighthouse dungeons should match.
AS: Fixs the notes so they have J's in them.
AS: Change the xyz portal so that you only have to enter new codes once and it gets stored somehow.
AS: Add some subbots in the earlier games for the sake of consistency.
AS: A consistant rework of the note system.
AS: A submenu of all secrets, documents and collectables found.
AS: Make the text in the intro of Sub 8 and Sub 9 seperate notes.
S1: Make it unable to escape without a wisdom gem.
S1: Add a open door button to the elevator so them opening is more logical.
S1: & S2: All lighthouse pictures appearing in Sub1 and Sub2 should match.
S2: The sewers are hard to navigate, please remake them.
S2: Redraw all the footage in the game as drawn animations.
S2: Redraw the right crawlspace in the lighthouse tower for the negative and positive coils more obvious.
S3 and S4 Find a way to handle the outro of Sub 3 and the intro of Sub 4.
S4: When you switch twin locations like from 462 to 552, it doesn't use the full transportation sound, I understand but think that is odd. (Falls into the redoing of code category)
S5: Removal of the Sub 5 menu puzzle.
S5: screws fall off the game and not on the floor. (Redone animations)
S6: Make the cancel reset bug more obvious (add text that says; do not reset this)
S0: Add lighting in the surrounding rooms after lighting the tourches.

Not responded to:

AS: All karma portals should receive the updated Sub10/SubVerse look; all wisdom gems should look the same.
AS: Make it optional so you can choose between the classic inventory system of "Items under the game screen, displayed in a row over a black band", and the new system introduced in Slice of Sea.
S1: Have Thumpmonks recreate the old quote:''little chirping sound'' for Submachine 1v2.
S2: Fix the clockwise circle puzzle.
S3: Add a comma between the numbers on the levers or separate them more in Level 2.
S3: Buttons should be a bit bigger in level 3.
S3: The Alphanumeric puzzle could come sooner in the game because it is a drop in difficulty.
S3: Update the inter level animation. It is implied each layer is switched after a puzzle is completed so rapid movement shouldn't be something we see.
S3: The colorblind version of Level 11 could be fixed a bit, because you can still keep it friendly for colorblind people while at the same time adding the colors back.
S4: The screen with the lab table after you climb the ladder could increase its hitbox to move right.
S4: Revisist the order of the burner sequense.
S4: Add hissing sound to the burner sequense.
S4: Bring back a screechy teleporter sound.
S4: Ship wire cutting is not clear enough and also dangerous.
S5: Anachronism in ''Charger in (0,1)'' - maybe reword?
S5: Three spins on the charger is too borning but one spin is to unrealistic. Maybe a click and drag system?
S6: Pipe climbing is fucked up.
S6: The IDN sequense sets the plyer up for failure and perhaps confuses people.
S7: Randomize all puzzle's so like in the keypad you can't just look it up.
S6: It may not be intuitive nor make any sort of sense that the fact that a 2DS failure is caused by... resetting a turret chain?
S7: The note system is odd, if you click to the left to see earlier notes the animation goes to the left.
S7: The diamond keystone is perhaps a bit too well hidden.
S7: Karma gate animation is not perfect
S7: That one karma door on the far left can be used one way if someone pulls the lever 2nd from left by itself on the corresponding panel.
S7: Entering the winter palace should take you to a smash cut to the next screen, instead of a foreward move.
S7: Why isn't the player allowed to pick up the fallen sign?
S7: Bullet holes aren't angled.
S8: Mirror placement is not clearly enough.
S8: Remove the ''are you okay for the headportal thing'', it is overdramatic imo.
S8: Compass puzzle should have a 2nd clue or some other way of letting you know something happened on the other side of layer 2.
S8: Bamboo valve should fit onto something that's not a triangle because otherwise players might be tempted to get the triangle wrench back.
S8: Is the note telling you what to do with each location stick hidden too well?
S8: The cat secret is not really clear unless you want people to appropriatley conditioned to literally try breaking everything with the hammer.
S8: The lever note implies left to right reading but not explicilty stated, not everyone who plays this game may assume that if gets read left to right depending on where they come from.
S9: Right clicking during transitions apparently can crash the game.
S9: Dont have secrets that can become inaccessable after you complete the game.
S9: For the multi-layer fountain that's used to raise the semi-spherical cage, one of the fountains is made of stone instead of bronze/brass, therefore it's not as clear as karmic water get pured in there.
S10: Starting symbols in the opening area could be a bit bigger.
S10: Door valve is a bit hard to spot.
S10: Iron pyramid; hieroglyph puzzsle has a stray sprite
S10: Edge section; blockade removal tools purpose is a bit unclear.
S10: Another fork placement issue.
S5, S6 and S9: Sub5, Sub6 and Sub9's (grey) mover should look the same (right now they don't in the HD versions)
SFLF: Single button combinations are a very ineffiencnt system. This also applies to portals, other similar combo puzzles, ect.
S32: The weight stones placement should direct you back to the ladder by the giant rotating circle blocks.
S0: Door glitch. (No link on the forum I guess).

Categorized Trashbin of hell:

AS: The different version Submenu.
AS: Switching layers in Sub8 and Sub9, would be much faster with keys rather than having to click on the navigator and then the corresponding button.
AS: Add the make your own note earlier in the games, in Submachine 1 for example.
AS: Having the notes translated to other languages.
AS: Reverse the animations for the pictures so that when you click left it goes left.
AS: Find a way so that notes are in a menu like in Submachine 2, so you don't have to click a lot of times to get to a specifc one.
AS: Revise the plot to make whatever fixes/retcons/improvements are deemed necessary, and perhaps even expand it a little (like Mateusz did with Sub3 HD)
AS: Merge the Submachine Universe locations inspired and based on the locations in the Legacy games by adding them to the Legacy. SU will change to a different form anyway so they will be lost.
AS: Make the menu full screen in the classic cannon way, Submachine 1v2.1 for example.
AS: In a room with a lab portal, inputting the 3 digits directly with the keyboard would be a lot faster than having to change each digit separately with the mouse.
AS: Making the game playable with keys.
S1: putting spoon on an electric device makes no sense.
S1: Fix brute force with the room under the valve in some way.
S1: Replace the Lighthouse picture of with the one seen in the Exit location. The night sky one.
S1: Use layers as a way to implement the different versions.
S2: The sewers work so that you can see the pipes above you that you aren't in, should that be fixed?
S2: Make the device that holds the gem more obvious.
S2: Remove the ᛆΨh⏐ FLF red herring.
S2: The fork location isn't easily telegraphed.
S2: Putting the fork in an open wire would kill the player irl.
S3: Rethink the levels in the current order from easy to difficult.
S4: Makes no sense to have the notes in one giant note in an order. If the player were new they wouldn't know which note came first.
S4: Make the computer in taller.
S4: Throwing acid over the gate machine thing makes no sense.
S4: Add the old screechy Sound FX back.
S4: Remake the triangles to fit an ancient theme.
S4: When you look in the telescope the sound effect makes no sense.
S4: Change the chest to open logically.
S4: Change the ending to be less abrupt.
S5: We used the gems once, not really training.
S5: Turn off the computer.
S5: Change all secret sounds to the one in Submachine 5. (Wont happen due to Thumpmonks redoing the sound)
S5: Coil is a lightbulb.
S5: Change the lightbulb charge machine back to several rotations.
S5: Hint to the player in some way to put the cube in the acid.
S6: Make it so that in the Mainframe, you can enter the room to the right of the telescope.
S7: Make it so that the menu shows the icon of the game your progress is currently in. If I stopped playing in Submachine 7, that icon should be on the menu.
Last edited by Augustus on 26 Jan 2022 23:37, edited 14 times in total.
Users
subnet technician

Post by Users »

Ko9 wrote:
12 Apr 2021 11:56
Having the notes translated to other languages.
One of the other languages is Chinese. :)

80% have been translated to Chinese.

✓completed:
submachine 1-9 note
steam page

╳uncompleted:
item name
submachine 10 note

I will help to translate (If I am free)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adobe Flash game is a part of my life, nobody can change or destroy it - 🅤𝓼𝖊𝐫𝕤
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Please realize that Matt decided against adding translated version of Submachine to the Legacy. So, be mindful about your time.
------
The steam page isn't an actual thing about the Legacy itself. It is about the game and not in which way shape or form it has trailers or whatever.
Users
subnet technician

Post by Users »

Ko9 wrote:
16 Apr 2021 09:37
Please realize that Matt decided against adding translated version of Submachine to the Legacy.
I don't think it is possible :|
because Matt accepted the steam page translate
ImageImageImageImageImage
Adobe Flash game is a part of my life, nobody can change or destroy it - 🅤𝓼𝖊𝐫𝕤
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

lease realize that Matt decided against adding translated version of Submachine to the Legacy.
really?
If it is so, then seems that Mateusz is still not completely sure. Will wait for Mateusz's position about this after Slice of Sea release and during actual development of Legacy.