Submachine 9: the Temple

Babylon
subnet notes finder

Re: Submachine 9: the Temple

Post by Babylon »

Just had a thought; the chronology of the temple seems to make no sense. The tombs are inside the Hindu temple, which has been buried beneath the pyramid, or looks like it has. The problem is that the aesthetic outside the pyramid is the same as the one in the Water Pantheon, implying they were built at the same time. If Mur and Elizabeth met in the plan, it must've been built before that, so how are they buried in the temple buried beneath the pyramid? Surely that's the eldest part of the temple.
I'm not a latin popstar.
jomarcenter
lost in subnet

Post by jomarcenter »

Bloodhit wrote:
ThunderDasher wrote:
Bloodhit wrote:But it blocked off if you press continue, goddamit I need to start from beginning =/
Same with the ladder thingy on the beginning of the game, when falling down that hole you can use the pot to create another ladder.

Once you put it in, you're screwed.
Yeah, it would be nice, if you can just pull it out, along with having instead completely blocked off way down, like only removed climbing rope. So you actually can collect all secrets, after pressing "Back to the game".
I think Mateusz forgot that there is a secret on the area he blocked off after finishing the game.
He should revisit the game and just remove the blockage and let's us repeat that scene if we want to.
Babylon wrote:Just had a thought; the chronology of the temple seems to make no sense. The tombs are inside the Hindu temple, which has been buried beneath the pyramid, or looks like it has. The problem is that the aesthetic outside the pyramid is the same as the one in the Water Pantheon, implying they were built at the same time. If Mur and Elizabeth met in the plan, it must've been built before that, so how are they buried in the temple buried beneath the pyramid? Surely that's the eldest part of the temple.
Ok! a religious temple inside a pyramid which was look like it wreck the inside floor of the pyramid. And I don't know which was build first the temple or the pyramid?
Yeah kinda confused how it wrecked the floor on some part of the pyramid. I mean it made of stone and concrete and something made of fragile material just broke the floor. But since this is the Submachine not the real world so Logic is different.
Just a small game developer looking for inspirations for my series of games.

Here what I made:
Image Image
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Bloodhit wrote:Yeah, it would be nice, if you can just pull it out, along with having instead completely blocked off way down, like only removed climbing rope. So you actually can collect all secrets, after pressing "Back to the game".
But you can (in fact I did), you don't need to put the ladder rung there, the bowl alone works to make the karma ladder.
Babylon wrote:Just had a thought; the chronology of the temple seems to make no sense. The tombs are inside the Hindu temple, which has been buried beneath the pyramid, or looks like it has. The problem is that the aesthetic outside the pyramid is the same as the one in the Water Pantheon, implying they were built at the same time. If Mur and Elizabeth met in the plan, it must've been built before that, so how are they buried in the temple buried beneath the pyramid? Surely that's the eldest part of the temple.
I don't know, but it looks like the temple has been "inserted" into the pyramid (just look at the dragon statues in the rooftop of the temple, they have broken the floor of the pyramid, that wouldn't have happened if it were built together with the pyramid, so it must have got there somehow after the pyramid was built). Perhaps it's been transported from another location?
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
Bloodhit wrote:Yeah, it would be nice, if you can just pull it out, along with having instead completely blocked off way down, like only removed climbing rope. So you actually can collect all secrets, after pressing "Back to the game".
But you can (in fact I did), you don't need to put the ladder rung there, the bowl alone works to make the karma ladder.
But when playing it for the first time, you'll most likely place the item on the broken ladder; after all, it's a "LADDER Rung", and there's a ladder standing right over there, beside you.

But when you place it and nothing happens, you're already screwed. Who would've known that you're supposed to use it much later, for a secret item?

See, the only problem is that the first thing you'll do is place the item on the ladder, because on Sub series there was never a "useless" item, and a "wrong" way to use them - if they fit on whatever you used them, then you're good to go. It's been like that since Sub1. And you can't take it off once you place it there - only going through the whole game again.
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

wow....
most of people uses walkthrough hints less than after 3 hours of playing after 1,5 years of waiting????????
My Subgod... I never understand...
Gemini wrote: I'm still shocked at seeing the mummified bodies of Murtaugh and Elizabeth. You do realize that we have seen the first humans in the Submachine Network. Wrapped in bandages or not.
So, Mateusz fulfill his old words...

we MET Murtaugh at the end.

I was so shoked after I realized I DID saw Murtaugh... I even stopped to play for 15 minutes to restore mind.
OnyxIonVortex wrote:One thing I wonder is why is everything made of brass? yeah, I know, that's like the least important question right now, but still :P
EDIT: wait... the cake room... was that not brass? :shock:
Yeah, I thought the same. But remember Mateusz's post:

it's not the question of material.
SoLost
lost in subnet

Post by SoLost »

I can confirm at the end of the game that voice you hear says "Welcome" backwards, then forwards. I downloaded the video walkthrough, extracted the audio, then reversed it. The voice sounds male, so I'm guessing it's Murtaugh.

I also transcribed all the texts throughout the game so I could reread them and wrap my mind around the information. I was going to try theorizing, but my brain got sore.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

jomarcenter wrote: I think Mateusz forgot that there is a secret on the area he blocked off after finishing the game.
No, I didn't forget.
That was debated and left as is on purpose.
Isobel The Sorceress
subnet technician

Post by Isobel The Sorceress »

About the ladder rung.
I like the fact that you can "screw up". Secrets are supposed to be hard to find. :)
- ak -
wisdom crystal finder

Post by - ak - »

Isobel The Sorceress wrote:About the ladder rung.
I like the fact that you can "screw up". Secrets are supposed to be hard to find. :)
They are. I gave up after finding only three secrets in over three hours so I resorted to walkthrough. Amazing that I totally missed the one crucial item with the tall golden totem and the ball lever, too.

This game is definitely for expert players. I felt super smart at beating the game in over an hour with no walkthrough 8-)
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

- ak - wrote:I felt super smart at beating the game in over an hour with no walkthrough 8-)
But you didn't find all secrets, aye? 8-)